Permission to still like Dyche?

It's going to take more than a late collapse after bossing the game to make me knee-jerk into hating on him.

Everton will be sound this season. Vault it.
It's blaming of fans that finished it for me, at it again after Saturday, the players reacted to the crowd and switched off according to Dyche. Always have a digs at paying fan. [Poor language removed] behaviour.

It's going to take more than a late collapse after bossing the game to make me knee-jerk into hating on him.

Everton will be sound this season. Vault it.
I am truely in the camp that we have a poor squad, no money to invest, no ownership and that we are aiming for survival.
This is not a good job to take, it’s not a project, it’s fire fighting job.
As much as prefer watching better football, I think Dyche is the best man for the task in hand.

Only if he learns from his mistakes. If his substitutions were insurance claims, he'd be checking the "non-fault" option. Needs to hold his hands up for the last game. I appreciate that the players also had responsibility, but he chose the replacements and the players coming off. There is no denying that those decisions changed the game for the worst. Much prefer people who hold their hands up and take one on the chin if it means there's a learning process there. I'm finding it hard to like they guy at the moment.

Only if he learns from his mistakes. If his substitutions were insurance claims, he'd be checking the "non-fault" option. Needs to hold his hands up for the last game. I appreciate that the players also had responsibility, but he chose the replacements and the players coming off. There is no denying that those decisions changed the game for the worst. Much prefer people who hold their hands up and take one on the chin if it means there's a learning process there. I'm finding it hard to like they guy at the moment.
I dunno. We are all wise after the event. Was it really so bad to take Ndiaye off with 8 minutes to go and put Doucoure on for a bit more energy in midfiled? If he hadn't and Ndiaye had got injured we would all be calling him out for not resting him 'as the game was dead?' The truth is that the collapse was down to the players who switched off for the first goal and then shat themselves for the 8 minutes following that. They weren't brilliantly crafted goals, they were routine crosses into the box that should have been dealt with (had we not panicked). When that mentality sets in (players just hoofing the ball away only for it to come straight back rather than keeping possession/killing any momentum) it's hard to combat with only 8 minutes to do so.

I dunno. We are all wise after the event. Was it really so bad to take Ndiaye off with 8 minutes to go and put Doucoure on for a bit more energy in midfiled? If he hadn't and Ndiaye had got injured we would all be calling him out for not resting him 'as the game was dead?' The truth is that the collapse was down to the players who switched off for the first goal and then shat themselves for the 8 minutes following that. They weren't brilliantly crafted goals, they were routine crosses into the box that should have been dealt with (had we not panicked). When that mentality sets in (players just hoofing the ball away only for it to come straight back rather than keeping possession/killing any momentum) it's hard to combat with only 8 minutes to do so.
No game is dead at 2-0 , he had other options on the bench .
Dyche thought the game was won and as much as the players he took his foot off the gas.

He froze AND the players bottled it.

The two statements are true.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back