Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone caught the comments of jags after the game this weekend but it was picked up by Alan Irvine (Radio City) whom basically said that the manager and captain are both on different pages after the match. Jags said to the effect that maybe they will need to play bad and fluke a few goals to get much needed points rather than carry on as they are so to speak (referring to possible current style of play in PL) - Bobby was the polar apposite in his quotes after the match.
Martinez spouts cack after every match

Mine too. Even when the crowd were showing their displeasure at the absolute tripe on offer for the first 35 minutes I watched him the whole time. Especially to Garbutt he was giving thumbs up, well done, signalling to hold or go. Only one time he nearly got caught out and he was that busy telling a player to track someone he lost his own man but Alcaraz actually made a decent block.

Always loved Jags, Always will. Great player. He's had the odd dip in form at times (which is often exagerated on here) but he always comes good again.

Different style of captain than some may want but the way he has been looking after garbutt in games is captains stuff.

Come on @davek my old friend, lets have an update on our Jagielka debate.

He's been outstanding for about 2 months now after admittedly poor period, with the rest of our squad, before Christmas.

On current form surely you must reconsider your view that he's finished and needs scrapping?

Stoop up and was counted. First time in months when he's looked like he should have the armband. Took control of a wobbly back 5, drove forward, brought a much needed aggression to the side. Pure class. More of that please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back