Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen Jagz stats in comparison to Jones, Cahill and Smalling? Decent really - then you get to the number of clearances - nearly double then nearest contender !

Anyone seen Jagz stats in comparison to Jones, Cahill and Smalling? Decent really - then you get to the number of clearances - nearly double then nearest contender !
Jags has had a pretty good season after starting sluggish after the Wc. One of our more consistent performers. Tbf the clearances are probably due to how crap we've been haha he's done well with them though

Jags has had a pretty good season after starting sluggish after the Wc. One of our more consistent performers. Tbf the clearances are probably due to how crap we've been haha he's done well with them though

Yeah I agree. He wasnt all that after the WC but I think he's done well considering the lack of continuity both with GK and centre back partners this season. As for those saying his captaincy isnt all that, he doesnt seem one to call players out - doesnt mean he isnt a good leader though.

Feel sorry for Jags this season, clown/imbecile behind him in goal, and Distin/Alcaraz next to him for the majority. Also Barry not providing protection in front. Mission Impossible but he's been reasonable despite this.

True dat. See my thoughts in the transfer discussion or I stand the risk of being booted out of here for saying we should sign Cech. Oooops !

He's no Sol Campbell, Adams, Terry, Rio (in his pomp) but.....

He's still England's best option at the moment. Smalling and Jones ain't fit to lace his boots.

Played well tonight, well done Jags. On another note how the fluck does Hodgson think a midfield of Delph, Henderson and Jones is any good? It was like watching 3 Ford fiestas chug around the pitch then 2 Bentleys in Barkley and Carrick come on and hey presto England start passing. Delph was absolutely dreadful, at least Henderson has the decency to hide away from the ball so as not to make a complete tit out of himself every minute he's robbing by being on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back