Gomes

5 Expiring 2025
Calvert-Lewin
Holgate
Gordon
Keane
Godfrey

The good theme that runs in that list is, each year the players are better

You start off saying glad he's gone to hope he stays, I think another window or two and we have a VERY good squad of players

The good theme that runs in that list is, each year the players are better

You start off saying glad he's gone to hope he stays, I think another window or two and we have a VERY good squad of players

Exactly, theres 19 players in 2023 onwards there + James takes us to 20 (we have a one year extension option).

Then remove one or two there as well (Gomes/Gbamin?) and were down to about 18.

That puts us in a strong position to add in 5 or 6 new players and still come under the 25 threshold for the squad.

I think 2022 summer will be really big for us...maybe even this summer if we can punt out alot of players whose deals expire in 2022.

Adios Bolasie!

4 Expiring 2021
Besic
Connolly
Bowler
Olsen

10 Expiring 2022
James
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Tosun
Delph
Coleman
Kenny
Lossl
Baningime
Gibson

7 Expiring 2023
Digne
Mina
Davies
Branthwaite
Nkounkou
Allan
Doucoure

7 Expiring 2024
Virginia
Richarlison
Pickford
Iwobi
Kean
Gbamin
Gomes

5 Expiring 2025
Calvert-Lewin
Holgate
Gordon
Keane
Godfrey

Adios Bolasie!

4 Expiring 2021
Besic
Connolly
Bowler
Olsen

10 Expiring 2022
James
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Tosun
Delph
Coleman
Kenny
Lossl
Baningime
Gibson

7 Expiring 2023
Digne
Mina
Davies
Branthwaite
Nkounkou
Allan
Doucoure

7 Expiring 2024
Virginia
Richarlison
Pickford
Iwobi
Kean
Gbamin
Gomes

5 Expiring 2025
Calvert-Lewin
Holgate
Gordon
Keane
Godfrey
Zat, Don you know when Simms’s contract is up , there’s been conflicting posts, some saying June 21 others June 22?

Bolasie gone completely in the summer, surely Bernard will be too. Besic as well. That is about 250k plus whatever Bowler is on (not much). Huge savings that, and imagine if we can shift the likes of Delph, Tosun, Kean and all the no marks still at the club who we dont even put on the bench as well. That would add up altogether to about 250k too.

Brands has been focusing on getting FFP down ever since he arrived, the second phase of his vision is almost ready to start. Get him signed to a new deal and let's really see what he can do when the handcuffs are off.

Adios Bolasie!

4 Expiring 2021
Besic
Connolly
Bowler
Olsen

10 Expiring 2022
James
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Tosun
Delph
Coleman
Kenny
Lossl
Baningime
Gibson

7 Expiring 2023
Digne
Mina
Davies
Branthwaite
Nkounkou
Allan
Doucoure

7 Expiring 2024
Virginia
Richarlison
Pickford
Iwobi
Kean
Gbamin
Gomes

5 Expiring 2025
Calvert-Lewin
Holgate
Gordon
Keane
Godfrey
Andre Gomes until 2024 that was a mistake. We should be in absolutely no rush to get rid of Moise Kean either, his value will only rise when he scores the winner in champions league final. Thats a good spine secured until 2024/25.

Zat, Don you know when Simms’s contract is up , there’s been conflicting posts, some saying June 21 others June 22?

Transfermarkt has him as 2022
Toffeeweb and other random sites 2021

My guess would be 2022 simply because its not been mentioned that his contract expires after his blackpool loan.

Could he have signed a 1 year extention last year?

Andre Gomes until 2024 that was a mistake. We should be in absolutely no rush to get rid of Moise Kean either, his value will only rise when he scores the winner in champions league final. Thats a good spine secured until 2024/25.

We should try to move Gomes on.

Hard to carry his wages over another 3 years and hes just going to get worse.

Frothing at the mouth in anticipation of the real clear-out next summer.

It's going to be kin brilliant to wave goodbye, finally, to Tosun, Delph, Kenny, Lössl, Baningame and Gibson.

I'd also love to think Bernard will have been punted by then too, and I think the emergence of our young centre backs who have performed better than Coleman will lead to him departing too. I won't say I'll be 'happy' to see him go, but it's long overdue tbh.

I think it's 50/50 as to whether Sig goes because he's had the manager's trust in the past and I can't for the life of me imagine anybody being prepared to offer him anything close to what he's in with us.

So all of the above, plus Walcott, Besic, Pennington, Connolly and Bowler (those two, admittedly, I know nothing about but if they were any good they'd have been talked about already, so see ya later boys).

Gee, that's half a squad. Brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back