Player contract expiry dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with that is that they are both still learning their trade. A young centre back needs to be paired with someone more experienced to help bring them through. Holgate isn't anywhere near experienced enough to mentor Godfrey

We dont have anyone else to play with either Godfrey or Holgate ergo they play together...

Mina for the games when we go deep but hes not sure to stay...play Keane and we may as well give a goal headstart..5 year deal :(

And they wont want to go anywhere. Because they know dam well they wont get what they on at Everton anywhere else.
I mean who the hell is going to pay bernard 100k a week.
Nobody.
They won't pay him 100k a week and Roma already made their offer - Carlo didn't want Bernardto go. He'll still leave, though. Like Sandro and Schneiderlin did. They sign new deals for clubs that want them. Shocking, I know.

They won't pay him 100k a week and Roma already made their offer - Carlo didn't want Bernardto go. He'll still leave, though. Like Sandro and Schneiderlin did. They sign new deals for clubs that want them. Shocking, I know.

It took 3 years to get rid of sandro. And i think we just gave Schneiderlin away in the end like an old jumper. Who by the way is now stinking the place out in nice.
Nobody wants our overpayed flops. Unless they're for nothing.
Their agents must absolutely love Everton.

It took 3 years to get rid of sandro. And i think we just gave Schneiderlin away in the end like an old jumper. Who by the way is now stinking the place out in nice.
Nobody wants our overpayed flops. Unless they're for nothing.
Their agents must absolutely love Everton.
Bernard is different. Roma offered 7M. Brands didn't buy guys like that thankfully.

Mina is a good player. Amazing Keane gets plaudits when hes not as good.
Don't agree mate, they are as bad as each other and both have the same faults, ie too slow and lack focus. Funny how your mentioning this after a rare performance from Mina and also it's "cool" on here to not like Keane which i find pathetic tbh

Don't agree mate, they are as bad as each other and both have the same faults, ie too slow and lack focus. Funny how your mentioning this after a rare performance from Mina and also it's "cool" on here to not like Keane which i find pathetic tbh

"Rare performance from Mina" ?

Missed the last matches ?

Hes not consistent over a season but 12months ago he'd been out best player from season start till Xmas.

Hes a good player and its amazing people rave about Keane while ignoring Mina.

Not sure how its "cool" to think that?

Id go Holgate + Godfrey with everyone fit.

But Mina isnt a wasted deal...hes been good.

"Rare performance from Mina" ?

Missed the last matches ?

Hes not consistent over a season but 12months ago he'd been out best player from season start till Xmas.

Hes a good player and its amazing people rave about Keane while ignoring Mina.

Not sure how its "cool" to think that?

Id go Holgate + Godfrey with everyone fit.

But Mina isnt a wasted deal...hes been good.
Not for me mate, i think both of them are about the same level and both have slightly improved a bit this season but much of that is because of the way we defend. Also Holgate and Godfrey is probably the ideal long term pairing i agree.

Hopefully a few of the guys whose contracts expire this and the following summer can be punted in Jan.

If we keep James, Coleman and perhaps Gibson thats 13 players moving on...

Big changes coming...

6 Expiring 2021
Bolasie
Besic
Pennington
Connolly
Bowler
Olsen

10 Expiring 2022
James
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Tosun
Delph
Coleman
Kenny
Lossl
Baningime
Gibson

7 Expiring 2023
Digne
Mina
Davies
Branthwaite
Nkounkou
Allan
Doucoure

7 Expiring 2024
Virginia
Richarlison
Pickford
Iwobi
Kean
Gbamin
Gomes

5 Expiring 2025
Calvert-Lewin
Holgate
Gordon
Keane
Godfrey

If Jan + summer we can clear out all those whose contracts expire in 2021+ 2022 (bar James and Coleman) then our squad will go from 35 players to...

...21 players.

14 players off the wage bill and some fees coming in.

Thats before looking at Gomes, Gbamin, Iwobi, Kean, Pickford and Davies...

Hopefully a very active couple of windows on the outgoing side and some massive changes in this thread...

Hopefully a few of the guys whose contracts expire this and the following summer can be punted in Jan.

If we keep James, Coleman and perhaps Gibson thats 13 players moving on...

Big changes coming...

6 Expiring 2021
Bolasie
Besic
Pennington
Connolly
Bowler
Olsen

10 Expiring 2022
James
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Tosun
Delph
Coleman
Kenny
Lossl
Baningime
Gibson

7 Expiring 2023
Digne
Mina
Davies
Branthwaite
Nkounkou
Allan
Doucoure

7 Expiring 2024
Virginia
Richarlison
Pickford
Iwobi
Kean
Gbamin
Gomes

5 Expiring 2025
Calvert-Lewin
Holgate
Gordon
Keane
Godfrey

Pennington now gone on loan until summer (when his contract expires....1 down

5 Expiring 2021
Bolasie
Besic
Connolly
Bowler
Olsen

10 Expiring 2022
James
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Tosun
Delph
Coleman
Kenny
Lossl
Baningime
Gibson

7 Expiring 2023
Digne
Mina
Davies
Branthwaite
Nkounkou
Allan
Doucoure

7 Expiring 2024
Virginia
Richarlison
Pickford
Iwobi
Kean
Gbamin
Gomes

5 Expiring 2025
Calvert-Lewin
Holgate
Gordon
Keane
Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back