Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

• No: We are going nowhere with this utter Charlatan still as Chairman

• Yes: He provides Moshiri with valuable experience and expertise

• Cheese on Toast with an honourary role

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Astonishing the blame still being dished out towards Kenwright.

The good is always Moshiri.
The bad is always Kenwright/Elstone.

Teflon Moshiri has done well to keep scapegoats on board
Have you looked in the Moshiri thread recently?.

The stick the guy's been getting is unreal. I hope he is Teflon. He needs to be to come on this forum;)

As regards Kenwright and Elstone. I've never taken to Elstone and, at times, have found him quite condescending to fans and, especially, our minority shareholders. Difficult to judge him as a CEO as he's had a very hard job to do and we only see things from the outside. It's been very easy for the fans to criticise the management of the club as, off the pitch, we've stood still as other clubs have progressed. However, I'd be quite happy if he left the club sooner rather than later.

As regards Kenwright, I agree the amount of stick he has taken over the years is astonishing, but he's been the guy in charge and put himself in the firing line. Similar to Elstone, he's been an easy target for the fans as the cub is perceived to have stood still. Once the remainder of his shares has been bought by Moshiri, I'd like to see him stood down too and a new CEO and Chairman introduced. But there's no doubting Kenwright's love of Everton and I'd like to see him rewarded with a life presidency or something similar. As you say, he has steered the club through some difficult times and, hopefully, put us in the hands of somebody who is able to take us on to the next level and above.

Whats the beef anyway? With Bill of the Mosh, havnt we progressed on last season, signed some excellent players, cleared the deadwood and a new stadium in the post?

Im hearing words like free ride etc - i just dont see particularly whats going wrong.

Whats the beef anyway? With Bill of the Mosh, havnt we progressed on last season, signed some excellent players, cleared the deadwood and a new stadium in the post?

Im hearing words like free ride etc - i just dont see particularly whats going wrong.
To be fair, we have actually progressed massively right back to when Bill first took the chairman role all those years ago.

Have you looked in the Moshiri thread recently?.

The stick the guy's been getting is unreal. I hope he is Teflon. He needs to be to come on this forum;)

...he certainly wouldn't stick around.

Probably log off totally perplexed as to what heinous thing in life he's done to this @davek character lol

He always said he was looking for the right type of owner, rather than any old owner, lets give it another season to see if he has done the trick?

I didn't what thread i should put this in, but i decided to put in here.Kenwright or no Kenwright i think we as Evertonians need to have this Man United fan's philosophy and outlook.

Did the season go as you expected for your club?
In the sense of winning stuff yeah.

United have a target of a trophy each season and anything outside of that is failure.

Forget this nonsense about second, third and fourth, winning trophies is what football is about and the day I believe United think differently is the day I stop going.

Coming second to a better man is still an achievement but ultimately you win nothing.

We aspired, whether people admit it or not, to be like Liverpool in the 80’s.

Ferguson put them up on the perch and challenged United to get on it.

It was about winning trophies and Liverpool did that better than everyone domestically and in Europe.

Friend of United We Stand, Peter Hooton, when once asked by our editor what was the main difference between us he said ‘trophies’.

Something he gets reminded about lots to this day. But he was absolutely right.

You set out at the start of tournaments to win all of them. If you leave with one you’ve done OK and as a fan, you will have been left with moments that you can keep forever.

No one ever says ‘remember that comfortable 2-0 home win that guaranteed us second place’.

It’s about success and the moments that success occurs in. I buzzed so much over the League Cup Final winner late on and being able to see United win the final trophy we needed to be one of a few clubs to do everything there is to do was something that meant everything to me.

For those reasons it’s been great.

Im not pointing fingers at Bill Kenwright at all.Bill has done well to keep Everton close to the elite and we all hope that Moshiri will bring us back into the elite.But for whatever reason that drive and ambition to win trophies disappeared from Everton.I think Moyes and his dour negative let's get to 40 points first, and then evaluate things philosophy was responsible for the downgrading of Evertonian expectations imo.That United fan is right.Who cares about the game you won to finish 5th in a decades time.A football club like Everton needs to win trophies and create some new memories for it's fans imo.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back