Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

• No: We are going nowhere with this utter Charlatan still as Chairman

• Yes: He provides Moshiri with valuable experience and expertise

• Cheese on Toast with an honourary role

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually find this whole train of thought that we have been held back by Bill Kenwright is nonsensical.

Certainly, he has made mistakes during his tenure as owner and he certainly does not have the kind of money needed to make a Premiership club successful at the highest level.
But, he took over a club that was a basket case. He appointed exactly the right manager at the time and supported him strongly for a number of years, when things were going badly for David Moyes and with money when it was available.
At the end of his tenure, the club was stable but not rich although by keeping us in the Premiership it has allowed us to keep sharing the ever increasing wealth from the tv deals.

His final contribution is probably his greatest...or so it seems at the moment.
Finding Moshiri seems to have been a masterstroke, but, only time will really tell us if that is so.

I actually find this whole train of thought that we have been held back by Bill Kenwright is nonsensical.

Certainly, he has made mistakes during his tenure as owner and he certainly does not have the kind of money needed to make a Premiership club successful at the highest level.
But, he took over a club that was a basket case. He appointed exactly the right manager at the time and supported him strongly for a number of years, when things were going badly for David Moyes and with money when it was available.
At the end of his tenure, the club was stable but not rich although by keeping us in the Premiership it has allowed us to keep sharing the ever increasing wealth from the tv deals.

Finding Moshiri seems to have been a masterstroke, but, only time will really tell us if that is so.

This, unfortunately, haters gotta hate.

Great post, problem is its easy to forget what a mess Everton was when he came in, and we didn't have the social media platforms to spread the truth around about Johnson like we do now.

The main thing we all have to be greatful for was him holding out for the right man, he could easily of sold us to some no marks who took us over and took us under but he didn't, and for that future generations should be enternaly great full to him.

Great post, problem is its easy to forget what a mess Everton was when he came in, and we didn't have the social media platforms to spread the truth around about Johnson like we do now.

The main thing we all have to be greatful for was him holding out for the right man, he could easily of sold us to some no marks who took us over and took us under but he didn't, and for that future generations should be enternaly great full to him.

Still amazes me that he gets the blame for the whole 'Man in a Salford bedsit' thing. People were going on about how the club wasn't for sale and how he wasn't good enough to sell it..... He brought in a person who had involvement in a number of football club sales, to actively sell the club, and leaves it to him over a number of years. It's only when Kenwright gets involved again that the discovery is made. He put a halt to the whole thing going too far, yet people talk as though it was all of his own doing.

Kenwright hasn't exactly been our best owner/chairman EVER, but I think that he has become somewhat of a pariah to people who, quite frankly, have nothing better to do. He's also seemingly become a totem pole which some can publicly flog to try create their own following, therefore feeding their own ego.

Astonishing the blame still being dished out towards Kenwright.

The good is always Moshiri.
The bad is always Kenwright/Elstone.

Teflon Moshiri has done well to keep scapegoats on board
This is my main worry. Is Moshiri the new messiah with a truly grand vision, or is he just Kenwright Mk2 with a bit more dosh?

Don't know about that mate. Moshiri is starting to get heat from many in here, my good self included.
Has much to prove, and some of the things we have been witness to the last 12 months have been embarrassingly cringeworthy.
As for BK? Like that lingering fart in the elevator that doesn't go away.

I'm sceptical about moshiri too but willing to give him time. I don't accept however BK selling up for huge profit but refusing to go and then cocking up our summer transfer plans. He's an embarrassment to the club.

Don't know about that mate. Moshiri is starting to get heat from many in here, my good self included.
Has much to prove, and some of the things we have been witness to the last 12 months have been embarrassingly cringeworthy.
As for BK? Like that lingering fart in the elevator that doesn't go away.

I'm just not convinced on the proportioning of blame towards Kenwright.

I'm sceptical about moshiri too but willing to give him time. I don't accept however BK selling up for huge profit but refusing to go and then cocking up our summer transfer plans. He's an embarrassment to the club.

Mate, Moshiri wants him in that role, talked up his value in that role...

How much longer are we going to pin blame on Kenwright?

upload_2017-3-16_8-19-40.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back