Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

• No: We are going nowhere with this utter Charlatan still as Chairman

• Yes: He provides Moshiri with valuable experience and expertise

• Cheese on Toast with an honourary role

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about yesterday or any one game in particular. It's about us getting a winning team on the field, competing in the next 3 or 4 years. No manager will get that squad to that level without competent transfer dealings. I'm only asking is there any role for BK in this. I obviously feel no there isn't but if others do then fine.

Bill loves Everton as much as anyone posting here. Don't you think having someone like him selling the club to a potential player has a role to play? It wouldn't surprise if quite a few players have signed on following a tete a tete with Bill

In light of Ronald's post match comments regarding the transfer activity at the club, it seems that the mistakes of the past are still recurring, and important lessons are still yet to be learned.

The haggling, the inept summer dealings, the slow drawn out procedure that Everton transfers are still taking all points to no one other than William Kenwright and his pitiful legacy.

I just want to gauge opinion on his future role at the club. Should he remain as chairman or should he be binned as soon as possible and be judged in the history books accordingly.

Bill Kenwright: Can we progress with him still in the centre of things?
If Mr Moshiri ends up doing the business, you'll only have one person to thank

Funny when you think people are worried incase Bill is part of the negotiations now that we have Moshiri, but who do they think it was that did the negotiating with Moshiri for the past 18 months to get him here?

Yeah grim yesterday but to react to that by moaning about Bill is embarrassing at best

Funny when you think people are worried incase Bill is part of the negotiations now that we have Moshiri, but who do they think it was that did the negotiating with Moshiri for the past 18 months to get him here?

Yeah grim yesterday but to react to that by moaning about Bill is embarrassing at best

Slightly different dealing with selling shares at a rate that has made him extremely wealthy to dealing with other clubs in buying their players.

I think his record goes before him sorry, just like to remind you of the farce that was Manuel Fernandes.

Martinez used the money that was available inexplicably badly, but the lack of funds over the last 15 years is clear and has been to our huge detriment.

Where were we before Kenwright took over?

Obviously hasnt been that huge to our detriment has it? We went from constant relegation strugglers to perennial euro contenders.

So to answer the thread question, we already have progressed under him.

Obviously hasnt been that huge to our detriment has it? We went from constant relegation strugglers to perennial euro contenders.

progressed to what? also rans? perennial losers? we are a joke and he just makes me cringe every time he speaks

Slightly different dealing with selling shares at a rate that has made him extremely wealthy to dealing with other clubs in buying their players.

I think his record goes before him sorry, just like to remind you of the farce that was Manuel Fernandes.

Yeah his record does go before him, the amount of times we sold players for far too much money is fantastic. As is the bargains him and Moyes bought into the club.

No we haven't we have fallen behind so many clubs on so many levels. I am sick of tired of fans defending him and Elstone, he's no Everton hero, he's a man who took us to the brink of collapse (said it himself) and then when someone sat in a bedsit was going to pay him a ridiculous amount for his shares he couldn't move quick enough.

No. He sold the long term ambition of the club for short term solutions year after year, held the club back at a time when we needed to kick on and still has a negative influence on anything he goes near as we were told about the summer.

He might be the world's biggest blue, but he has held and continues to hold a role that has held us back for so long.

Moshiri found Bill, according to Bill.

My stance on Bill has changed over the years.

I recall many years ago I considered him our saviour, when he first took over, but then, over the years that stance changed, due to finding out information, the false promises, at 1 point I hated him with a passion.

Currently, my older, wiser self doesnt mind him, he did the best he could for many years, hes made a tidy profit on the club and hes had the job every Evertonian dreams of, but I personally think he did the best we could expect.

Sure hes made mistakes, sure he led us up the garden path a few times, but I think his passion blinded him at times and he got his pants pulled down by devious snakes at others. He should and will be phased out over the next few years, but I think it can only benefit us, the fanbase, if hes still around the club in some capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back