Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

• No: We are going nowhere with this utter Charlatan still as Chairman

• Yes: He provides Moshiri with valuable experience and expertise

• Cheese on Toast with an honourary role

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, West Ham, Man Utd, and anyone else who can string a half decent run together, the only thing that keeps us anywhere near respectable is our away support and Eitc, the rest is amateur

So we have fallen behind those teams? we havent been on par with them since the mid 80s? Arsenal have been in the Campions league for the last 19 years? Even before the Russian Chelsea were doing well and since when have we even been in touching distance of Liverpool and United?

As for West Ham, all they have done is move into a council house, they have never been and never will be even close to Everton. Spurs it can be debated if we were on parr with them anyway, but we certainly havent fallen behind those teams, we always have been. Truth is we have fallen behind no one that we didnt allready sit behind, but remain one of the few sides to be a ever present in the Premier League, something that before Bill we nearly dropped out of.

I've sat and read this stuff for years and have never vented on the subject of Kenwright, since I'm a long way away and haven't lived through the glory years, so I know I miss them far less that you who have. Nevertheless, let me briefly unburden myself on BK.

Basically, it's a case of no good deed goes unpunished.

I question Bill Kenwright's judgement alright. He must have a deep streak of narcissism to put his head above the parapet for the past twenty long years and take the shots that come with nursing something along that many tens of thousands take ownership in as much as he does. His job is the political face of what we see from Everton F.C., and yes, maybe he has a quid or two at stake as well. God help he should get out of this with one sou more than he got into it with, or he's a robber baron.

He'd have helped much more by sitting home and venting here after matches rather than showing a bit of leg to a passing bunch of billionaires year after year until one got bit enough by the Everton bug, leaving us in our present circumstances. Yet, we should turn a battleship like a unicycle and turn into some scouse version of Real Madrid overnight to soothe our tortured souls. Right. What attracted me to Everton from afar was the value for honest graft and the lack of self-inflated entitlement. One of these is not like the other. There's a long way to go and much to be done.

Like you'd do better. Yeah, the noise goes with the territory, but really... It has been a twenty year high-wire act with a fiver and a stack of Tesco coupons against the sheiks and oligarchs, and don't forget who finally brought the money in when it got here. Did Bill overpromise? Of course he did. It's a political job. Everybody overpromises in that position. You got a ham actor with a couple of nickels to rub together who came to the sound of the bell back in the day. In retrospect, it doesn't seem as though he's done that badly.

I'm done.

^^^

Sometimes, seeing things from a distance, helps put stuff into context and this is one of those. I reckon your words here are spot on mate.

Me, I think Kenwright's done some good stuff and has also ballsed some things up big style.

Overall, I'd say he's a 6/10 chairman. We could have done a lot better, but it could have been a lot worse too.

In light of Ronald's post match comments regarding the transfer activity at the club, it seems that the mistakes of the past are still recurring, and important lessons are still yet to be learned.

The haggling, the inept summer dealings, the slow drawn out procedure that Everton transfers are still taking all points to no one other than William Kenwright and his pitiful legacy.

I just want to gauge opinion on his future role at the club. Should he remain as chairman or should he be binned as soon as possible and be judged in the history books accordingly.

Bill Kenwright: Can we progress with him still in the centre of things?
its not just kenwright its all the individuals working under his regime who should be scruitinised

He has the best interests of the club at heart. Unfortunately in a world of billionaires, who take no prisoners no we cannot progress with him calling the shots.

As with on the pitch, we need to be ruthless at board level. Kenwright is too nice, and Elstone is inept. Major changes are needed, and I can only hope Moshiri does it and does it quick.

So we have fallen behind those teams? we havent been on par with them since the mid 80s? Arsenal have been in the Campions league for the last 19 years? Even before the Russian Chelsea were doing well and since when have we even been in touching distance of Liverpool and United?

As for West Ham, all they have done is move into a council house, they have never been and never will be even close to Everton. Spurs it can be debated if we were on parr with them anyway, but we certainly havent fallen behind those teams, we always have been. Truth is we have fallen behind no one that we didnt allready sit behind, but remain one of the few sides to be a ever present in the Premier League, something that before Bill we nearly dropped out of.
deal with it we are crap, Moshiri has had nearly 12 months to get rid of Kenwright, the fact that he hasn't is his biggest statement of intent so far

deal with it we are crap, Moshiri has had nearly 12 months to get rid of Kenwright, the fact that he hasn't is his biggest statement of intent so far

How can Moshiri get rid of Kenwright? Kenwright owns 12.16% of shares in the club, Moshiri owns 49.90%. This does not make Kenwright a minor shareholder, which means that Moshiri can not 'squeeze-out' Kenwright with a compulsory purchase of shares.

How can Moshiri get rid of Kenwright? Kenwright owns 12.16% of shares in the club, Moshiri owns 49.90%. This does not make Kenwright a minor shareholder, which means that Moshiri can not 'squeeze-out' Kenwright with a compulsory purchase of shares.
thats one loser we are stuck with then, also why put Elstone on the board? why has he not appointed a chief executive who can negotiate, get players signed and generally get the job done.

What happened to Esk's assertion that Moshiri would own virtually all of the shares by Christmas?

Still on the agenda anyone think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back