Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

• No: We are going nowhere with this utter Charlatan still as Chairman

• Yes: He provides Moshiri with valuable experience and expertise

• Cheese on Toast with an honourary role

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats one loser we are stuck with then, also why put Elstone on the board? why has he not appointed a chief executive who can negotiate, get players signed and generally get the job done.

Maybe players dont want to come here?

Cant say I blame them either.

The fact we haven't won anything for 22 years and have a losers mentality embedded in the club actually is Bill's fault tbh
Our decline had started way before BK, do you not recall the Johnson era of Tina Turner and last day escapes? You could realistically argue a case and go back to the late 80's and whereas United had a vision we painted the Bullens road.

Our decline had started way before BK, do you not recall the Johnson era of Tina Turner and last day escapes? You could realistically argue a case and go back to the late 80's and whereas United had a vision we painted the Bullens road.
Im not fan of BK,but your post is pretty accurate,during the 80s we argued over buttons for a player on loan from Sheffield United,after Heysel we stood pointing the finger at the RS while selling off our best players and replacing them with average ones,after Hillsborough when monet was available to upgrade,we took the cheapest options,other clubs went looking for sponsors we sat on our hands,its 30 years of inertia

thats one loser we are stuck with then, also why put Elstone on the board? why has he not appointed a chief executive who can negotiate, get players signed and generally get the job done.

Most CEO's are placed on the Board of Directors. It's a common thing to do. Why Elstone is still at the club, I'm not sure. Maybe it was a clause when purchasing shares? Either way, I think this time next year Elstone won't be at the club.

We have a lot to be thankful to Bill that we didn't end up like a Leeds or Portsmouth and pound for pound we did pretty well under him. However I don't think anyone will be putting up a statue anytime soon, we had won something less than a decade ago when he finally took over full control and has presided over (in the most part) the longest period in our history without a trophy.

He has to take most of the responsibility for that lack of success.

I'm not voting as it's impossible to know what's going on at board level, I like Bill and I think he makes a great ambassador for the club but if he is the one that is causing the hold ups trying to get value and not acting out the wishes of Moshiri then he has to go. That goes for anyone else too, unless it is Moshiri that is causing the issues himself.

I doubt we will ever know.

In light of Ronald's post match comments regarding the transfer activity at the club, it seems that the mistakes of the past are still recurring, and important lessons are still yet to be learned.

The haggling, the inept summer dealings, the slow drawn out procedure that Everton transfers are still taking all points to no one other than William Kenwright and his pitiful legacy.

I just want to gauge opinion on his future role at the club. Should he remain as chairman or should he be binned as soon as possible and be judged in the history books accordingly.

Bill Kenwright: Can we progress with him still in the centre of things?

As you say, binned, judged (and found wanting) then made life president ( none executive ) coz deep down we're all a bunch of sentimental softies like him...which is why he's lasted so long.

Every time we lose some tit has to come on here and start a thread about the latest scapegoat. .. always has to be somebody else's fault... try looking at the pussies on the pitch with their half arsed attitudes first. They don't deserve to wear the shirt.
Best quote ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back