Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

• No: We are going nowhere with this utter Charlatan still as Chairman

• Yes: He provides Moshiri with valuable experience and expertise

• Cheese on Toast with an honourary role

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll be honest here...
I don't get the hate on Kenwright anymore, He promised us he would only sell to responsible rich backers, He has seemed to have delivered. If anyone really thinks that a billionare accountant would allow a friendly bumbling bafoon to hold up any deals NOW, Well... I think it's delusion frankly x

Correct, now its up to others to pick it up post Kenwright, anyone who thinks he is interfering now is just deluded.

I'd hate to see where we'd be if Kenwright hadn't stepped in when he did and sold the club to someone similar to the Venkys first chance he got.
He could have sold to Sheik Mansour, but as he would have been kicked out on his arse he stayed firm. Thankfully David Dein was friends with Moshiri and introduced him to Bill. Bill found nobody in 17 years apart from the fella in a bedsit in Manchester. Make no mistake 3 failed ground moves, Finch Farm sold and asset stripping left right and centre, oh and all done with Mr Earl and Mr Greene lurching in the background.

Saved us don't make me laugh..

David Dein did more for us than Kenwright ever did, at least that Buffon Johnson built the Park end and won an FA Cup.

Away to bed now I go.

Kenwright meh

Give me Blue Bill over a whole host of other club chairmen any day.

He does the Dave Hickson / Hillsborough type stuff very well.

Just too many failures and lies though.
Or how much of HIS OWN money he hasn't put into the club or the year upon year debt increases or the Park End wall, the lagging on the toilet pipes...earl & green, BVI, vibac, Niasse.

and I do take your point there are, or so we hear, some allegedly 'poor' chairmen out there...but that's nothing to do with us, they want to play silly beggers with their Club/Train set - makes our job easier.

Anyway, He's been here a long time, but that time is over. I would like him to stay on in a ceremonial role - strictly none exec. though...especially Re. transfers.

I could strengthen the first team and give Ronald the players he needs and has been promised.

OR

I could sign a smackhead RS who runs the club into the ground at every given opportunity, as it would present some dustbin PR photo opportunity in the rags where I could again present myself as a pillar of society who rehabilitates those who have strayed.

Well in Bill. Decisive decision making as ever.

Yet another example of how he is not fit for purpose.

Kenwright-Martinez_2582340a.jpg

I could strengthen the first team and give Ronald the players he needs and has been promised.

OR

I could sign a smackhead RS who runs the club into the ground at every given opportunity, as it would present some dustbin PR photo opportunity in the rags where I could again present myself as a pillar of society who rehabilitates those who have strayed.

Well in Bill. Decisive decision making as ever.

Yet another example of how he is not fit for purpose.

Yeah, because it's one or the other isn't it mate.

We HAVE progressed as a club with Kenwright in a prominent role. Look at the mess we were in when he took over.

Most of the good publicity stories that come out of the club come from him I would reckon.

He was never able to take us to where we all wanted to be (Champions of the universe and all that) but he did turn us into a stable club who doesnt worry about being relegated or going bust anymore.

I find the hatred of him to be baffling to be honest.

Personally I think we should just blame everything bad on Kenwright wether it's his fault or not.

Seriously, why do some people have such a big agenda against him?

Yes, he wasn't loaded, he didn't find it easy to get us a new stadium. Is that a reason to hate him though? No, imo.

He's a fan of the club and he gave any manager he got in as much money as he could without risking the clubs future. And all the while doing that he's taken unwarranted flack off a lot of demanding, over expectant fans who have given him countless amounts of flack, all for trying to help Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back