Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

• No: We are going nowhere with this utter Charlatan still as Chairman

• Yes: He provides Moshiri with valuable experience and expertise

• Cheese on Toast with an honourary role

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In light of Ronald's post match comments regarding the transfer activity at the club, it seems that the mistakes of the past are still recurring, and important lessons are still yet to be learned.

The haggling, the inept summer dealings, the slow drawn out procedure that Everton transfers are still taking all points to no one other than William Kenwright and his pitiful legacy.

I just want to gauge opinion on his future role at the club. Should he remain as chairman or should he be binned as soon as possible and be judged in the history books accordingly.

Bill Kenwright: Can we progress with him still in the centre of things?

Taking Koemans comments as proof that Kenwright is useless is conjecture.

He could have meant the board weren't supplying enough funds (Moshiri), the wrong players were being targeted (Walsh) or the negotitions were being handled badly (Kenwright), or just as likely he could have meant a combination of all three.

Taking incomplete information and using that as a basis to form a strong opinion on someones ability to do a job makes it look like you have an agenda instead of a balanced opinion.

Taking Koemans comments as proof that Kenwright is useless is conjecture.

He could have meant the board weren't supplying enough funds (Moshiri), the wrong players were being targeted (Walsh) or the negotitions were being handled badly (Kenwright), or just as likely he could have meant a combination of all three.

Taking incomplete information and using that as a basis to form a strong opinion on someones ability to do a job makes it look like you have an agenda instead of a balanced opinion.

I have a strong agenda against Kenwright yes. Think he has been horrific for the club. Overseen the least successful period in our history. Misled fans on numerous occasions. Sold for a huge profit but refused to relinquish control.

So yes, calling it an agenda is fairly accurate.

94 people answered yes to this poll hahahahaha

IMG_4122.webp

I have a strong agenda against Kenwright yes. Think he has been horrific for the club. Overseen the least successful period in our history. Misled fans on numerous occasions. Sold for a huge profit but refused to relinquish control.

So yes, calling it an agenda is fairly accurate.

I can get why some people think that he was just in it for the money but if he was he would have left the club once he'd sold it and made the profit. He obviously loves the club and that's why he wanted to stay on.

His ability or lack of it at carrying out the role he is now, assuming he is doing full negotiations is open to debate though. Personally I'd have someone who's been involved in concluding transfers with a proven track record in place.

We HAVE progressed as a club with Kenwright in a prominent role. Look at the mess we were in when he took over.

Most of the good publicity stories that come out of the club come from him I would reckon.

He was never able to take us to where we all wanted to be (Champions of the universe and all that) but he did turn us into a stable club who doesnt worry about being relegated or going bust anymore.

I find the hatred of him to be baffling to be honest.

I find you baffling to be honest.

He has a rap list longer than Peter Crouch of total and utter balls up.

Would you like me to list them?

I find you baffling to be honest.

He has a rap list longer than Peter Crouch of total and utter balls up.

Would you like me to list them?

No because its incredibly boring.

Are we still in existence?

Did we get relegated?

Did we consistently finish "best of the rest"

Did he stick by his manager for 11 years when other clubs may have pulled the plug?

Did he generally always give the manager any cash that was made through sales?

Did we totally reinvent the off the field side of the club to the point where we are looked at as the model to attain to in terms of being a thoroughly likable club who tends to do the right thing?

Did he keep ticket prices competitive so as to not screw over the fans, of which he is one of them?

Now dont get me wrong, he has his flaws, the ground move was a fiasco that nobody seemingly wanted anyway and some of the stuff he comes out with is a bit cheesy. We have hardly been big spenders either but during that time we always paid decent wages enabling us to keep our better players and we didnt plunge further into debt which is seemingly what some fans wanted to happen just so we could "push on" from 6th to 5th or whatever.

He has done fine. Not great, but nowhere near the disaster that the plane banner flying brigade claim.

Top bloke is Bill. Stitch it haters.

No because its incredibly boring.

Are we still in existence?

Did we get relegated?

Did we consistently finish "best of the rest"

Did he stick by his manager for 11 years when other clubs may have pulled the plug?

Did he generally always give the manager any cash that was made through sales?

Did we totally reinvent the off the field side of the club to the point where we are looked at as the model to attain to in terms of being a thoroughly likable club who tends to do the right thing?

Did he keep ticket prices competitive so as to not screw over the fans, of which he is one of them?

Now dont get me wrong, he has his flaws, the ground move was a fiasco that nobody seemingly wanted anyway and some of the stuff he comes out with is a bit cheesy. We have hardly been big spenders either but during that time we always paid decent wages enabling us to keep our better players and we didnt plunge further into debt which is seemingly what some fans wanted to happen just so we could "push on" from 6th to 5th or whatever.

He has done fine. Not great, but nowhere near the disaster that the plane banner flying brigade claim.

Top bloke is Bill. Stitch it haters.

No

Unfortunately for some Kenwright has done more for the club than all those who spout their bile on him and many other aspects of the club.
On balance has he done more good than bad? the answer is a resounding YES
Is this pole because he wants to try to help a young man who lost his way, very sad lives some live.

Unfortunately for some Kenwright has done more for the club than all those who spout their bile on him and many other aspects of the club.
On balance has he done more good than bad? the answer is a resounding YES
Is this pole because he wants to try to help a young man who lost his way, very sad lives some live.
Apologies did not read when poll was out.
However my general point is still the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back