Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

• No: We are going nowhere with this utter Charlatan still as Chairman

• Yes: He provides Moshiri with valuable experience and expertise

• Cheese on Toast with an honourary role

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want us to be ambitious and hopefully we will improve off the field in spite of Kenwright. And hopefully the ambition and expectations that we need also start to filter back into our fan base on a wider level.

When a chairman's main goal is to look like a good man is when the business has problems, we now have a good businessman in charge but I fear Kenwrights ways will be a lingering problem with a knock on effect

If anyone thinks Moshiri, after putting up all the money he has, is now going to now let Bill be the back seat driver and mess things up, they are seriously deluded.

The support he gets will forever baffle me.

I can only assume that these are people who, if shown Withnail & I, would then name Uncle Monty as their favourite character.

No because its incredibly boring.

Are we still in existence?

Did we get relegated?

Did we consistently finish "best of the rest"

Did he stick by his manager for 11 years when other clubs may have pulled the plug?

Did he generally always give the manager any cash that was made through sales?

Did we totally reinvent the off the field side of the club to the point where we are looked at as the model to attain to in terms of being a thoroughly likable club who tends to do the right thing?

Did he keep ticket prices competitive so as to not screw over the fans, of which he is one of them?

Now dont get me wrong, he has his flaws, the ground move was a fiasco that nobody seemingly wanted anyway and some of the stuff he comes out with is a bit cheesy. We have hardly been big spenders either but during that time we always paid decent wages enabling us to keep our better players and we didnt plunge further into debt which is seemingly what some fans wanted to happen just so we could "push on" from 6th to 5th or whatever.

He has done fine. Not great, but nowhere near the disaster that the plane banner flying brigade claim.

Top bloke is Bill. Stitch it haters.

Jesus Christ.

He hasnt done a bad job. Bottom line. He is hardly Venkys is he?

And after years of balancing everything and getting is into a stable position we may be about to see the benefits.

Moyes kept us afloat on his own at points during his tenure. I would not say we were "stable" thanks to Kenwright, he saddled us with massive debt.

Rooney aside, Bill has always been good at extracting every penny out of a sale.

Bill is a natural orator and represents us very well, particularly at public events like the Hillsborough tributes.

Those are the only positives I can think of for Bill. He needs removed from all executive roles forthwith but I would not object to a PR role for him.

This is one of those ones that is very black and white. Never any grey area - you're either one or the other and neither side gives an inch.

Naturally I voted cheese on toast.....

Moyes kept us afloat on his own at points during his tenure. I would not say we were "stable" thanks to Kenwright, he saddled us with massive debt.
Two and a half years without a first team purchase, and the all the while there was barely a whimper out of the fans.

The Venkys, Hicks/Gillette and Oystons must worship at the alter of the prophet Kenwright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back