Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

• No: We are going nowhere with this utter Charlatan still as Chairman

• Yes: He provides Moshiri with valuable experience and expertise

• Cheese on Toast with an honourary role

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny when you think people are worried incase Bill is part of the negotiations now that we have Moshiri, but who do they think it was that did the negotiating with Moshiri for the past 18 months to get him here?

Yeah grim yesterday but to react to that by moaning about Bill is embarrassing at best
no football club attempting to present themselves in a professional manner would have that buffoon leading any negotiations, he comes across as a scruffy uncle type, in a modern era there is no way he should be the figure head of our club, everything he has any involvement in ends up in failure, he is passionate about Everton, so what? makes me wonder what Moshiri is playing at letting him anywhere near the club in any capacity other than a tour guide

No we haven't we have fallen behind so many clubs on so many levels. I am sick of tired of fans defending him and Elstone, he's no Everton hero, he's a man who took us to the brink of collapse (said it himself) and then when someone sat in a bedsit was going to pay him a ridiculous amount for his shares he couldn't move quick enough.

Can you name the clubs we have fallen behind? I'll start, Man City, because they got bought out by richness and over took everyone, unless you name more you're talking total rubbish.

Can you name the clubs we have fallen behind? I'll start, Man City, because they got bought out by richness and over took everyone, unless you name more you're talking total rubbish.

Suppose it depends on how you measure "fallen behind".

In terms of average league position, not many. In terms of quality of ground, most.

In terms of commercial performance, probably everyone.

In terms of being ace as a club, (Eitc, ex player foundation etc), no one.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, West Ham, Man Utd, and anyone else who can string a half decent run together, the only thing that keeps us anywhere near respectable is our away support and Eitc, the rest is amateur

Where were we before Kenwright took over?

Obviously hasnt been that huge to our detriment has it? We went from constant relegation strugglers to perennial euro contenders.

So to answer the thread question, we already have progressed under him.
Have we balls. At a time when we could have been a real force he sold the clubs soul over and over again. All the short term loans, selling players to pay the bills, no money for 2 years and now what? The top 4 is a top 6 , there is more money in the league making the crap teams competitive and yet again we are stuck in a limbo where we can't compete with the money clubs.

I'm sorry but any other fan Base would have dragged kenwright down the streets for not giving the manager any money for 2 years, the fact we accepted it is shocking from us all and we deserve what we got out of it, NOTHING.

Kenwright and the rest nearly ran this club into the ground. The same board who couldnt afford dier, manolas, hazard, essien, Czech to name just a few. Kenwright had Americas biggest player of all time, Australia's biggest player, East asian exposure more than once, south Africa's biggest player , and done nothing about it whatsoever.

I'm sorry but I can't think of one thing that kenwright can be praised for over his time running this club, he even sold it out to people who didn't give a damn past what their profit would be. He was in bed with a fella in courts now over financial matters, just because we didn't go down on his watch means nothing, and being best of the rest is nothing to do with a chairman who failed to back the manager in 11 years.

Last edited:
There have been plenty of big clubs come and go with budgets as large or larger than ours since Bill took the reigns and let's be honest we were on the verge of disappearing without a whimper, possibly not to be at the top tier again for a long while under Johnson. So yes he has done things badly and obviously has nowhere near enough dosh to bankroll us personally, but he kept us going when nobody else was putting their hands up and looks to have set us on a good path eventually.

lollollollollol
thats the perception of everybody else, be interesting to see if they matched our bids for schneiderlin and depay for example, where those players would choose, especially with Kenwright and Elstone leading the recruitment campaign

Where were we before Kenwright took over?

Obviously hasnt been that huge to our detriment has it? We went from constant relegation strugglers to perennial euro contenders.

So to answer the thread question, we already have progressed under him.
Nope we progressed because of Moyes very good building of the team and inspite of Kenwright.

thats the perception of everybody else, be interesting to see if they matched our bids for schneiderlin and depay for example, where those players would choose, especially with Kenwright and Elstone leading the recruitment campaign

Everyone else?

Like West Ham fans. That lot that are fuming at their board after spending squat on players, have them jimmied into an utter crap fest of a ground for the next 99 years, and who they reckon are stockpiling cash to max out for themselves?

I've sat and read this stuff for years and have never vented on the subject of Kenwright, since I'm a long way away and haven't lived through the glory years, so I know I miss them far less that you who have. Nevertheless, let me briefly unburden myself on BK.

Basically, it's a case of no good deed goes unpunished.

I question Bill Kenwright's judgement alright. He must have a deep streak of narcissism to put his head above the parapet for the past twenty long years and take the shots that come with nursing something along that many tens of thousands take ownership in as much as he does. His job is the political face of what we see from Everton F.C., and yes, maybe he has a quid or two at stake as well. God help he should get out of this with one sou more than he got into it with, or he's a robber baron.

He'd have helped much more by sitting home and venting here after matches rather than showing a bit of leg to a passing bunch of billionaires year after year until one got bit enough by the Everton bug, leaving us in our present circumstances. Yet, we should turn a battleship like a unicycle and turn into some scouse version of Real Madrid overnight to soothe our tortured souls. Right. What attracted me to Everton from afar was the value for honest graft and the lack of self-inflated entitlement. One of these is not like the other. There's a long way to go and much to be done.

Like you'd do better. Yeah, the noise goes with the territory, but really... It has been a twenty year high-wire act with a fiver and a stack of Tesco coupons against the sheiks and oligarchs, and don't forget who finally brought the money in when it got here. Did Bill overpromise? Of course he did. It's a political job. Everybody overpromises in that position. You got a ham actor with a couple of nickels to rub together who came to the sound of the bell back in the day. In retrospect, it doesn't seem as though he's done that badly.

I'm done.

Everyone else?

Like West Ham fans. That lot that are fuming at their board after spending squat on players, have them jimmied into an utter crap fest of a ground for the next 99 years, and who they reckon are stockpiling cash to max out for themselves?
we are not really much better, we get ourselves all deluded about Moshiri,Usmanov, new ground, new players blah, blah,blah, we are amateur from top to bottom

image.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back