Prostate check

Had Prostate exams galore in the last few months. I have an enlarged prostate and I am on 2 lots of tablets to hopefully reduce the size of it as was peeing like a police horse after 10 pints of Guinness, it was so bad I cannot have a pint before the match as would spend all my time in the lovely Goodison Park toilets. Due back in 2 months to see my Gp and if its not shrunk I will need a prostate operation (Turp) to hopefully sort me out. Just to add my GP is about 6' 4" with hands like size 10 shovels ...PHEW !!!!

I’m pretty much the same now mate, two pints is my limit, anymore and I may as well just stay up all night.

I’ve lost all my tolerance to are as a result and in the odd occasion I do drink more, I’m bladdered on four pints 😂

I started to notice change after a couple of weeks, but its gradual. Some dont notice much at all. What you do notice, if you accidentally do eat gluten after a while is the attack is more severe.

Some recommend taking dairy out of your diet also, as that can aggrivate. Only for a period though, say 6 months, then slowly start back on it. As it turned out i am lactose intolerant also, a happy accident say!!

But overall it can take up to 2 years to feel normal.

I would recommend taking vitamins, such as vit d3, b12, c, and magnesium to start. These can assist, d3 most important as the conduit for your body to process other vitamins. As initially your body will be limited to what it can process due to your villi being flat and affected.

If you need any further info, feel free to ask, ive been at this for about 13 yrs so am fairly offay with most things.

Good luck.
The lactose intolerant thing won’t be an issue as I too have an intolerance. But yeah, the feeling when it flares up isn’t nice at all. Thanks for the heads up on the vitamins too, something I need to look into as my sodium levels are really low too.
I did ask them to put me down but they refused 😂

The lactose intolerant thing won’t be an issue as I too have an intolerance. But yeah, the feeling when it flares up isn’t nice at all. Thanks for the heads up on the vitamins too, something I need to look into as my sodium levels are really low too.
I did ask them to put me down but they refused 😂
I am Anti lactose - I use anti lactose butter =- Tesco & oat milk Tesco .... My insulin now works ....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back