Prostate check

As a prostate cancer survivor (had mine removed in 2021) I can only advise people to get checked. Mine was caught early and I don’t even have to take drugs. I live a completely (by my standards) normal life. The later stages of prostate cancer get pretty ugly and it can spread. Get checked.

Last edited:
Apparently it varies from area to area whether you can get a check at fifty, but with hindsight I wish I’d not been so naive and just lied, saying I had symptoms first time around and got it checked earlier.
Hopefully the newer stance in the uk and nhs means this isn't an option that ever occurs to others. Forced or seemingly forced regrets about your health and choices and decisions made, could see a greater burden carried forward. I appreciate no system is perfect. With so many men still with a stigma about going to the doctors about anything, the lines of communication need to be open and receptive on the side of the care providers.

shopping

Hopefully the newer stance in the uk and nhs means this isn't an option that ever occurs to others. Forced or seemingly forced regrets about your health and choices and decisions made, could see a greater burden carried forward. I appreciate no system is perfect. With so many men still with a stigma about going to the doctors about anything, the lines of communication need to be open and receptive on the side of the care providers.

shopping

It should be an option for every fella who hits 50 and onwards to be able to get a check up.

It would prevent so many deaths and save the NHS a fortune in treatment down the line.

It just makes no sense to me.

Don’t do what I did and have your blood taken for PSA levels on the 23rd of December and then spend christmas thinking about it !. Like a lot of blokes my age I have BPH - benign prostatic hyperplasia, it’s moderately enlarged but no sinister features. I take two tablets a day to help manage the symptoms.

Should be routine like a smear and Mammogram is for us wenches. It can't be any worse than a smear, I nearly hit the ceiling the last time I had one, she forgot to use any lubricant when she put the clamp up and it was bad, although she did pay me a compliment by saying it was one of the smallest she had seen and had had to use the clamp usually reserved for virgins 😆 🤣 😂

It should be an option for every fella who hits 50 and onwards to be able to get a check up.

It would prevent so many deaths and save the NHS a fortune in treatment down the line.

It just makes no sense to me.
I think inevitably it will become the norm. Look how breast cancer is screen regularly now. It will just take a movement (pardon the pun) to get it over the line.

Should be routine like a smear and Mammogram is for us wenches. It can't be any worse than a smear, I nearly hit the ceiling the last time I had one, she forgot to use any lubricant when she put the clamp up and it was bad, although she did pay me a compliment by saying it was one of the smallest she had seen and had had to use the clamp usually reserved for virgins 😆 🤣 😂
The prostrate check finger examination is painless - I had many as I had a kydney adrenal tumour 6 & 1/2 hour operation

I heard she used a wheel clamp sue 😂😂

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back