QPR 1-1 Everton. Sat 3rd March at 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the bigger picture yeh, not bad, but that doesnt excuse the veru obvious mistakes our world class manager makes in these games

Strange isnt it, few people before the game saying how they where happy with the team, we dont win and they bitch and moan pfft

Poor team selection, crap tactics, subs that unbalance an already poor starting line up, under performing players being picked, not reading the game and making intelligent changes to change the game.

I could be writing this on pretty much all of the previous match threads or future ones.

Everton will never get any better until we get rid of the sauce of our problems. We need a better manager.

I had 1-1 down in the prediction league because I knew, as did many, that with our momentum and good victories over teams we dont expect to beat, that the usual negative, clueless sh*te would reappear against a team we should be despatching.

I'm fed up with so many aspects of Everton at the moment but none more than the sheer predictability of it all.

Even the few positive things Moyes does do are negated promptly. Drenthe playing was great and he put us in front but he was subbed off for Osman who is utterly gash at RM and has been all his career. On the flipside we did get to see him play centrally! For 5 minutes... 88th minute subs are for teams in the lead who want to waste time, Moyes.

The sh*te lost today and any manager with any ambition would have seen a fragile QPR and tried to really go for it. Instead we were cautious as ever, waiting for opportunities to fall out of the sky (hoof joke there) rather than seeking them out ourselves.

QPR are a terrible team, but they took the game to us and if not for some individual Royston brilliance and the worst miss of the season so far, they would have took all three points.

The thing is, you just know we'll go and do Spurs or something next week, and we'll get our hopes up again. Before probably surrendering to the kopites.

Everton: predictable.

it's ok, not a very good 2nd half at all, but Drenthe was good whilst on the pitch, no idea why Moyes swapped him for Osman. Baines was off, Fellaini was off, Strac was off, QPR were making it a scrap as they were desperate for a result and their luck at home was bound to change, Tottenham next week will be a much better game and I'm looking forward to it. 8 games unbeaten, onwards and upwards Everton.

There at home fighting to stay in the division and had more fight

We needed to be at our best and we were far from it but still came away with a point

Missed Gibson, he does the workman stuff well and rarely gets recognition. Osman and Jelavic are making comebacks so its tough to have a go when they are playing for fitness. QPR are fighting for their lives, we played away, in London, and come home with a point. The scum played at home and lost.
They hit the post twice, we hit the bar. Jags is on his way back, so slowly the options in midfield are stacking up and Neville - trier that he is will find midfield spots hard to come by. Today wasn't his fault btw, we gave some sloppy freekicks away and just dont have the ruthless streak in us to put a side to bed when we dominate like we did for the opening 25.

Maybe Birmingham can dump Chelsea out on pens or something in the Cup. We need to give spurs a game next week and avoid injuries for the Derby. The Derby is anyones game, who wants it most and is prepared to fight for it will take the spoils.

Get fearsome or get out of the firing line. The games the game.

Why? are we supposed to have devine right to go out and dominate every single team we play?

QPR, mate. It's QPR. Someone you would expect a team like us would beat, or at least have a proper go at, no?

Or am I being deluded again in wanting to win the so-called "easy" games?

it's ok, not a very good 2nd half at all, but Drenthe was good whilst on the pitch, no idea why Moyes swapped him for Osman. Baines was off, Fellaini was off, Strac was off, QPR were making it a scrap as they were desperate for a result and their luck at home was bound to change, Tottenham next week will be a much better game and I'm looking forward to it. 8 games unbeaten, onwards and upwards Everton.

I hate the idea of "unbeaten" runs.

I'd rather lose three and win two, than draw five. Sure, "unbeaten run" sounds great, but a draw = 1 point. A win = 3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back