QPR 1-1 Everton. Sat 3rd March at 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The obvious change would of been Osman on for Neville. Instead we had Osman out of position on the wing and the ineffective Neville still on the park. All this minus our main threat that was Drenthe.

Apart from the goal what did drenthe do?

Drenthe playing was great

To be fair, the goal was the only good thing Drenthe did. At least 5 good opportunities broke down because he can't look up when he has the ball, and instead chooses to shoot or dribble when there is an easy pass 10 yards to a man in space. Plus you could argue that he was at fault for their goal and he was on a yellow and looked like he would be sent off.

What would you have changed?

I wouldnt have had neville in midfield from the start, after watching Barkley the other night I would have no hesitations playing him, taking Drenthe off, ok with a yellow and starting to look moody I can accept that, but to bring Osman on the wing is criminal, from the get go Hughes had lots of bodies down our left wing, so to bring our slowest,weakest player on the wing, were hes out of position is criminal, we lost even more shape aswell down to this, He could have brought Coleman on wing, but chose to play one of his favourites out of position.

I just felt their was no control in the midfield. Fellaini cant do it all on his own and Neville just let players waltz past him to ghost into the box.

They stopped our wide players and forced us inside, which we couldnt work with.

Its hard to figure out why Moyes doesnt/wont play Pienaar in the middle of the park IMO. May have controlled the game better.

Is everybody forgetting that Drenthe was on a yellow? And once he's on a yellow you can imagine him being a t*t and getting himself sent off.

Then we'd all be crying on here because he's missing the derby.

Is everybody forgetting that Drenthe was on a yellow? And once he's on a yellow you can imagine him being a t*t and getting himself sent off.

Then we'd all be crying on here because he's missing the derby.

Coleman RM, Osman central.

Then we'd still have pace and someone useful at RM.

Osman is gash there but ace centrally.

MOYLEZ LOGIK.

Apart from the goal what did drenthe do?
At least he looked like taking it to the opposition. How many shots on target did we have in the 2nd half? Considering he was on a yellow, at least replace him with Gueye or Coleman. Don't put Osman there FFS!

QPR, mate. It's QPR. Someone you would expect a team like us would beat, or at least have a proper go at, no?

Or am I being deluded again in wanting to win the so-called "easy" games?

They put in a great shift today and were impossible to break down. Every time we came forward they had two banks of four ready to shut us down. That's why it was a scrappy game. It's not as if we were giving the ball away for free every 2 minutes, it was really good pressuring on a small pitch. We put out a good team. No one barring Neville and Straq were that bad. QPR just went about their business excellently. We went 442 and had a go. Can't complain really.

Missed Gibson, he does the workman stuff well and rarely gets recognition. Osman and Jelavic are making comebacks so its tough to have a go when they are playing for fitness. QPR are fighting for their lives, we played away, in London, and come home with a point. The scum played at home and lost.
They hit the post twice, we hit the bar. Jags is on his way back, so slowly the options in midfield are stacking up and Neville - trier that he is will find midfield spots hard to come by. Today wasn't his fault btw, we gave some sloppy freekicks away and just dont have the ruthless streak in us to put a side to bed when we dominate like we did for the opening 25.

Maybe Birmingham can dump Chelsea out on pens or something in the Cup. We need to give spurs a game next week and avoid injuries for the Derby. The Derby is anyones game, who wants it most and is prepared to fight for it will take the spoils.

Get fearsome or get out of the firing line. The games the game.

Problem is when Jagielka is fit we all know who he will replace - Heitinga - despite the fact that Heitinga has been one of our better players this season in all honesty.

I'm not at all surprised we drew. You have to give QPR credit because they sound like they closed down and did an Everton on us. But we also pay too much respect to these teams. I shook my head before kick off when I heard Moyes talking about the danger of QPR and that they have players there that have scored more than ours - totally ignoring the levels of confidence each team should have been taking into the game.

I said this back in the Autumn: win at home, draw away. It's how he sets up by default.

At least he looked like taking it to the opposition. How many shots on target did we have in the 2nd half? Considering he was on a yellow, at least replace him with Gueye or Coleman. Don't put Osman there FFS!
Why did I just get a sense of deja vu reading this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back