QPR 1-1 Everton. Sat 3rd March at 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They put in a great shift today and were impossible to break down. Every time we came forward they had two banks of four ready to shut us down. That's why it was a scrappy game. It's not as if we were giving the ball away for free every 2 minutes, it was really good pressuring on a small pitch. We put out a good team. No one barring Neville and Straq were that bad. QPR just went about their business excellently. We went 442 and had a go. Can't complain really.

Good point, but I can't really say that we had that much of a "go".

Either way, at least we're not Villa or something stupid like that.

Lucky point from us. QPR can feel aggrieved they didn't win; especially since the decision went their way. Poor game from Everton. For the first time in a long time—and I'm a staunch Moyes supporter—I'd say the manager got this completely wrong. Strac, Cahill and neville offered nothing all game and these could've been subbed much earlier.

barkley should've been introduced.

I'd cancel any training this coming week and just have them practicing passing and moving, passing and moving in double training sessions until they can do it with any degree of authority.

Can't remember a sustained number of passes or control by Everton in the whole game. We're playing a championship side in all but name and we were technically played off the park.

Moyes needs to get an attacking assistant in straightaway and delegate full responsibility to him at that end of the pitch. Talk about anaemic, we were practically lifeless. But for a pinger from Drenthe we offered next to nothing, no coherence.

ah fück it. Fück off Everton. Sick of you today.

Howard - 4/10. Did well but should've done better for their goal.

Heitinga - 6/10. Nobody looked good back there today.

Distin - 5/10. Not very good.

Baines - 6/10. Struggled.

Pienaar - 6/10. Wasn't helped by seemingly playing on his own wherever he was. Never given an option or an outlet.

Fellaini - 8.5/10. As good as it got today. Unfortunately his team mates are crap.

Neville - 3/10. Not seen a more toothless performance since Linderoth aka the invisible man played in the centre.

Cahill - 5/10. Cahill without goals is just a forward defender (and we already had one of them in midfield in Neville) He breaks play up and makes a nuisance of himself but he was never going to set up balls or spray the ball around or dictate tempo. Waste of time.

Drenthe - 6/10. Scored a top drawer goal. Gave away a silly one. Gave the ball away many times. Won loads of free kicks and then balooned the set pieces towards the first man. A mixed bag and often selfish but we seemed to lose any attacking impetus when he came off. Possibly because Drenthe was ignoring the attacking tactic of running three quarters of the way down the sideline and then running out of ideas, width, team mates and losing possession. (we did that about 300 times).

Strac - 3/10. Worked hard but was marked and played out of the game. May as well have been playing with ten men so anonymous was he. Why did we have to wait so long for him to be subbed?

Osman - 5/10. came on late, out of position and out of practice. By then Everton were comfortably watching QPR stroke the ball around like they were Barcelona in their first training match back from the beach.

Jelly - ? Not given enough time. Had a chance to shoot and fluffed his lines. I'll not start judging him yet. There was flashes of attacking verve there. But Moyes has found his perfect attacker already. The strac is another defender between the opposition and Tim Howards goal.

Moyes - 2/10. Make your subs. Act decisively. Try to win a game not lose it. Hire an attacking coach.

Sigh. This is a proper Ghost style toys out of the pram rant. Fück off Everton. That won't do.

We didn't play well enough in possession to handle their workrate and we didn't defend properly on a number of occasions. Only way we could win was 1-0 with that performance.

True. Doesn't explain the people saying Drenthe should've stayed on though.

I was complaining more about who we brought on to replace him. I can understand taking him off, as he's hot-headed and was on a yellow.

However we left ourselves with no pace, no threat on the right and hardly any creativity or spark. Until maybe the 88th minute but by then it was too late.

WHAT THE FÚCK IS WITH THE LATE SUBS!?!?!!?

True. Doesn't explain the people saying Drenthe should've stayed on though.

Its a 50/50 really.

You could take him off to take away the risk of the red, or keep him on for his potential to actually win us the game.

From what i remember he wasn't going in and fouling all over the place second half whilst on a yellow so wasn't close to getting a red.

Mind you it wasn't that long ago when Moyes played Fellaini in a game where he was 1 yellow away from a ban and he got booked and missed some important games for us.

I actually wonder what goes through these lads sometimes, having just seen the table, we're now 11th and 4 points above Villa in 15th. If we won, we'd have been 8th, and 3 points behind the red****e.

Shows how tight it is but when you consider that this is only QPR's 4th home point of the season, I'm pretty disappointed.

I thought both Baines & Heitinga struggled today - Baines going forward, and Heitinga in dealing with Zamora.

People are ****ging moyes off but he did put another striker on so he did try and win the game, regardless of peoples personal opinions on certain players, he went 442

Good point, but I can't really say that we had that much of a "go".

Either way, at least we're not Villa or something stupid like that.

We didn't have many shots at all second half and weren't much of an attacking threat so yeah it wasn't great by any means.

But 8 unbeaten, FA cup quarter final... at least we're not Villa!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back