Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Napoli, Cavani's money was reinvested. Moreover Napoli's owner called him back twice in the last 5 years when he was managing Newcastle, Rafael refused. He was not allowed to spend in his second season inspite of winning Cup and making it to CL.
Lpool, he only spent what he earned through Champions league exploits and player sales, still his net spend was only 20mn in his 6 years. Again he was not given his targets who were cheaper around 10-15mn. like Dani Alves, Eden Hazard, Silva etc.
At Madrid Inter or Chelsea he hardly bought any new players, At Inter owner refused his to sanction his signings, so he openly came out after winning the club world cup.
At Madrid he rested Ronaldo to keep him fit, but the club president did not agree, moreover it was not all that bad at Madrid, just the player power.
Chelsea, he hardly managed and it was only Interim, and he won them the Europa and finished 3rd.

At Napoli, Cavani's money was reinvested. Moreover Napoli's owner called him back twice in the last 5 years when he was managing Newcastle, Rafael refused. He was not allowed to spend in his second season inspite of winning Cup and making it to CL.
Lpool, he only spent what he earned through Champions league exploits and player sales, still his net spend was only 20mn in his 6 years. Again he was not given his targets who were cheaper around 10-15mn. like Dani Alves, Eden Hazard, Silva etc.
At Madrid Inter or Chelsea he hardly bought any new players, At Inter owner refused his to sanction his signings, so he openly came out after winning the club world cup.
At Madrid he rested Ronaldo to keep him fit, but the club president did not agree, moreover it was not all that bad at Madrid, just the player power.
Chelsea, he hardly managed and it was only Interim, and he won them the Europa and finished 3rd.

Again you can have your opinions.

I'll give you the facts. He spent the most money in the league in Italy, and the 4th most in England with Liverpool (both gross and net).

He has generally always been given big money to spend. He has spent it pretty well for the most part, but theres not a lot of credibility in saying he has had no money to spend.

He's getting a three year pay day now whether he manages for the full three years or not. Have you seen the pay offs our last few managers have got?!
That is of course very true.. Aaand my point is now moot. Still, I am now in the mindset of what the heck, He's here now may as well back him, If we don't and this fails because of fan pressure Moshiri will blame the fans for the failure rather than to look at himself. At the end of the day we all want a successful Everton and if... IF we get that with this fella, my god those filthy reds will be beside themselves.

I have been following Rafael Benitez since 2005, not a fan of any particular club, fan of Rafael, moreover I'm from India. So I'm not inclined to any club as such. I appreciate his dedication & hard work, I'm against money winning trophies, for the same I am not happy with top clubs buying trophies. If any manager can work against it and still succeed, it is him.
Respect for your sincerity. @Theoneandonly take note and don't pretend you are an Everton fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back