Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is that no one can guarantee success or failure with any individual in charge. We learnt that if nothing else in the last 18 months!

Sometimes players and Managers just click. Let's see if it happens this time. No point in being any other way now other than positive and supportive.

He'll have a hard enough job with a lot of the players he has at his disposal as it is and we all want success at the end of the day. ..
Guaranteeing failure is possible sadly

My word, I was joking about this but I've just seen Moshiri's actual interview and... the above definitely actually happened!!!

How important was it to retain Duncan Ferguson as part of the manager’s staff?

Yes, that was really important – and Rafael was just as keen to see that happen. He made it clear to us he wanted Duncan to be a key part of his backroom team. He knows hehas incredible passion for Everton and a wonderful connection with the fans. But, on top of that, the manager also knows the strengths Duncan can bring to his coaching team.
In fairness, big Dunc can lay a mean cone.

I've never felt so underwhelmed on an appointment ever. just can't understand this one at all.
I wish him well and hope he can be successful but it's a big ask to be accepted.
He seems like a genuinely nice guy who I'm sure without the RS connections he'd be right on board with the ethos of the club and all the community stuff the club do but that connection is there and won't ever go away.
He's got some big Cojones that's for sure.

I've never felt so underwhelmed on an appointment ever. just can't understand this one at all.
I wish him well and hope he can be successful but it's a big ask to be accepted.
He seems like a genuinely nice guy who I'm sure without the RS connections he'd be right on board with the ethos of the club and all the community stuff the club do but that connection is there and won't ever go away.
He's got some big Cojones that's for sure.

Allardyce. Nothing beats Allardyce.

Ultimately, Benitez is still a Champions League and Europa League winner.

Allardyce was the ultimate surrender of an appointment.

They brought him in for stability ala Carlo. But Carlo finished 10th. And Rafael been in China rubbing his nipples. Moshiri is really very out of touch with footy and fans in general. But whatever. Welcome. I guess.

He'll fight for us. He wants to bring new faces in. That's what I want to hear.

Words are cheap, but that's a good start today.

It's obvious though that his relationship with the fraud DoF is non-existent. That needs sorting out ASAP, preferably with Brands out of the club.

Wouldn't have been my choice, but I'll go with it and support the team. If there is no improvement on the guff that Ancelotti served up then we can all fume. In the meantime, I'm prepared to give him a chance.

ahahahahah they are even keeping Unnnnsy

What hope does anyone have that things will actually change.

Just mentioned this picture on the Moshiri thread,
Someone said the guy in the suit next to Benitez is usmanov’s nephew. Not sure if that’s true,
But with the rumours of changes at board level. It got me
Putting 2 and 2 together

He'll fight for us. He wants to bring new faces in. That's what I want to hear.

Words are cheap, but that's a good start today.

It's obvious though that his relationship with the fraud DoF is non-existent. That needs sorting out ASAP, preferably with Brands out of the club.

"Rafael, what's your relationship with Marcel Brands?"

Rafael:

1625067729508.png

Allardyce. Nothing beats Allardyce.

Ultimately, Benitez is still a Champions League and Europa League winner.

Allardyce was the ultimate surrender of an appointment.

Disagree completely. Allardyce was a crisis appointment. We were at the foot of the table and looking at relegation. We were broken by the roadside and called up the big fat bloke from the AA. He was only ever a short term fixit. This one hurts a lot more (for me anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.