Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are dull. Benetiz is and will be steady but it wont go anywhere.
We blew it in the summer not going for graham potter. He'd have really lit the fire again in terms of what could be bubbling away at Everton in the next few years. A team that through its good coach went to grounds with the attitude of i dont give a fck who you are. We are coming to give you a game and we're going to play good football with it. You could well beat us but we havent come here to roll over.
Oh Everton.
You really disapoint with your lack of vision.
Its october and im already bored watching us.
the board probably dont care about that,
they Want stability and a guarantee that we will be in the prem when we move to BMD!

the board probably dont care about that,
they Want stability and a guarantee that we will be in the prem when we move to BMD!

Which is awful.
I mean stability. Its not like we were fighting to stay in the league.
I dont want to believe thats true. But this is Everton. So i wouldnt rule out anything in terms of stupidity.

We blew it in the summer not going for graham potter. He'd have really lit the fire again in terms of what could be bubbling away at Everton in the next few years. A team that through its good coach went to grounds with the attitude of i dont give a fck who you are. We are coming to give you a game and we're going to play good football with it. You could well beat us but we havent come here to roll over.
Oh Everton.

He's won 1 in his last 6 games and would have been ripped to shreds on here by the boo bhoys.

When will the penny drop that until our recruitment and medical departments improve Harry Potter couldn't do anything with this sorry lot never mind Graham.

He's won 1 in his last 6 games and would have been ripped to shreds on here by the boo bhoys.

When will the penny drop that until our recruitment and medical departments improve Harry Potter couldn't do anything with this sorry lot never mind Graham.

What a double negative that is. As im pretty sure it wouldnt be in his contract that over 3 or 4 years he has to keep this "sorry lot"
Isnt that the whole point. That he replaces those who cant play. Havent got any character. Havent got any bottle.
He might even change some of their attitudes with his positive approach.
Stop the venom spitting. Its boring. He's a good coach. We should have had the balls to appoint him.

.....not a great fan of Moyes but you cannot deny he is doing far better than our manager
And today his team smashed one that beat us.
Reet good that i'n't it?
Not quite ready to chuck Benny oot yet
???
Not to defend RB because I'm not a big fan of him either but Moyes has had two years to build that squad and that combined with shrewd investment and coaching leaves them where they are now. RB walked into a terribly unbalanced squad with a dysfunctional boardroom and a club that has had no stability and had no wriggle room with FFP, we spent 1.7m this summer how much did West Han spend for instance?Whichever manager that we had appointed would need time. I would have gone with Galtier but RB is here now we have to hope he can build something because cycling through another manager will leave us further behind the likes of Leicester and West Ham.

Last edited:
Oh Everton.
I like Potter but I fear to play the way he would have wanted it would have taken us a few more years to rebuild the squad and in that time results would be variable and would we have he patience? It strikes me as it would have been a similar situation to Silva although granted Potter has more upside and appears to be a better communicator. You have to be able to be pretty tough to survive at Everton.

What a double negative that is. As im pretty sure it wouldnt be in his contract that over 3 or 4 years he has to keep this "sorry lot"
Isnt that the whole point. That he replaces those who cant play. Havent got any character. Havent got any bottle.
He might even change some of their attitudes with his positive approach.
Stop the venom spitting. Its boring. He's a good coach. We should have had the balls to appoint him.

The thing is FFP "stops" you simply replacing players who "cant play"

Iwobi cost £27 million so for a club on the brink of breaking the rules like us we just cant peddle him to Norwich for £3 million making a big loss on the books then spending £20+ million on a good enough replacement.

Forget Potter/Frank and any other flavour of the month the club is going nowhere whilst we keep sacking managers every 12-18 months with a mish mash squad of players signed to play about 5 different systems.

We need to give Benitez 2+ years to build his own side and I guarantee the naysayers and boo bhoys will have piped down once he has his own squad to play his way.

I like Potter but I fear to play the way he would have wanted it would have taken us a few more years to rebuild the squad and in that time results would be variable and would we have he patience? It strikes me as it would have been a similar situation to Silva although granted Potter has more upside and appears to be a better communicator. You have to be able to be pretty tough to survive at Everton.

Fully agree. The one thing he wouldnt have got here is patience.
But then what does that say about Everton fans.
Possibly our own worst enemy.

The thing is FFP "stops" you simply replacing players who "cant play"

Iwobi cost £27 million so for a club on the brink of breaking the rules like us we just cant peddle him to Norwich for £3 million making a big loss on the books then spending £20+ million on a good enough replacement.

Forget Potter/Frank and any other flavour of the month the club is going nowhere whilst we keep sacking managers every 12-18 months with a mish mash squad of players signed to play about 5 different systems.

We need to give Benitez 2+ years to build his own side and I guarantee the naysayers and boo bhoys will have piped down once he has his own squad to play his way.

Hes not flavour of the month. His coaching is anything but flavour of the month.
You really need to take benitez knob out your mouth for a bit and look around.

Hes not flavour of the month. His coaching is anything but flavour of the month.
You really need to take benitez knob out your mouth for a bit and look around.

He finished 16th last season and after a good start has won 1 in 6 games.

He's another Eddie Howe / Roberto Martinez imo - good reputation by playing easy on the eye togger but he's not winning trophies or finishing in the top 6 anytime soon.

When he's won a Champions League like Raffa then we can talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back