2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. But it isnt a crime for any Everton fan to say it was nice being there at xmas.
Christ its not like we ever are halfway through the season. A visual treat to look at the table.
A bloody lot better than what i think we'll be looking at over this one.

We weren’t half way through the season, it was 15 games. Being 2nd after 15 games and then finishing 10th isn’t a good look by the way.

Don’t know how to answer this - your response makes me feel sad.

In my world It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting

It would be nice mate but we as a fanbase have to face fachts

We have a clueless chairman
Inept board
Upto our eyeballs in FFP problem
A squad of misfits with a mentality Problems

Thats just of our own doing - we have to also compete in a corrupt league where FFP & VAR are used to give the "big 6" lot as big a leg up as possible.

I long for the day the scab 6 leave for the ESL, the finances collapse and English football resets itself and we can reclaim our game back from the SKY/BT/BEIN cabal.

This is thrown at Jose as well, being a manager stuck in the past.

The problem there is that we have done both and ended up with neither. We have hired the young potential manager and hired the experienced, Rafael pending, we keep sacking them all!

So what is the answer here? Experience will be stuck in the past who we can attract here, and young has us potentially cycling through manager after manager whilst signing random players , to end up where we are now without a hope or prayer.

So either way the club can't win , we are only 2 more sacked managers away from hiring Jose morinhio at current pace!

We didn't sack Carlo.

I'm fed up of the statements that are made like 'these players have cost five managers their jobs' etc - it's not true.

There's been 3 constants in the current squad from when Koeman took over in 2016. Coleman (club captain), Holgate (rotation option) and DCL (probably our best player). Even if you push that to 2017, you just throw in Keane (who every manager seems to love) and Pickford (by far our best GK). GS is no longer involved.

So it's not true. Each manager that got sacked, needed to be sacked, because they were underperforming. Ancelotti ultimately underperformed last year yet still got us to our second-best points total of the Moshiri era (which in most seasons is enough for 7th) and we should have been 6 points better off and that would have got us Europe. Ancelotti, for his many faults that I consistently stressed in the back half of the season, had this team/squad competing for Europe. People were buzzing when Gray and Townsend started well, so much so that they were saying we were better off with them in instead of James. But that's pretty much the only difference in the squad isn't it? The injuries have hit us hard, but they did last year too. Last season each of our outfield players missed at least one game through injury. The only team for it to happen to.

We've basically hired Jose anyway, we've just hired the even poorer version.

20211122220128.webp

At least Benitez has saved me £30 a month on my Now TV subscription, by making watching Everton more frustrating than building a flat pack wardrobe

At least Benitez has saved me £30 a month on my Now TV subscription, by making watching Everton more frustrating than building a flat pack wardrobe
Wow that's some statement . Flat pack furniture is right up there with the worst things about the modern world .
I'm not even sure the toad that is the FSW could be that bad. Darn close .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back