2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we should just pause all football related discussions on the first game of the season and then all reconvene after 38.

That would please me greatly with some of you.
It's not much of a discussion anymore when everyone is just entrenched in their agendas. If it was just 6 games when the team was doing well, essentially it's also just 6 games when the team is not doing well with injuries? Constructive criticism yes but what is the solution? Is sacking the manager again genuinely for the good of the club or just to settle personal grudges?

It's not much of a discussion anymore when everyone is just entrenched in their agendas. If it was just 6 games when the team was doing well, essentially it's also just 6 games when the team is not doing well with injuries? Constructive criticism yes but what is the solution? Is sacking the manager again genuinely for the good of the club or just to settle personal grudges?
Both .

Well I haven’t asked to sack him so maybe you can have a normal discussion without pulling that out of the void.

Did you praise the manager 6 games into the season?

Well I haven’t asked to sack him so maybe you can have a normal discussion without pulling that out of the void.

Did you praise the manager 6 games into the season?
I genuinely couldn't remember so I went to check my posts. Answer is no, I have not praised him nor criticize him.

Say we sack him, what then? I'm not seeing an obvious answer out there. I personally want Diego Simone but I don't think he wants Everton. It's not just about who we want. It depends if the other party is even interested.
Dunc . I'll repeat this everytime this question has been brought up. We are in a holding pattern and let Dunc hold the line until we get the move . He didn't let anyone down and although we probably won't win any cups we actually watch players act with a bit of professionalism . Like Townsend has .
He might not be the big name we all want but his name means a hell of a lot more than RBs and he isn't just in it for a paycheck .
I think more and more people would accept that ( with gritted teeth ) more and more this season goes on .
He will be gone in 2 weeks . Vault me .

Say we sack him, what then? I'm not seeing an obvious answer out there. I personally want Diego Simone but I don't think he wants Everton. It's not just about who we want. It depends if the other party is even interested.
On the other hand, the longer we keep him, does that make us a more viable option for other Managers or less?
Who will we attract in bottom half or Championship?

How many of you seriously think Potter would touch us in the bottom half? (asking for a thirsty friend like)

Dunc . I'll repeat this everytime this question has been brought up. We are in a holding pattern and let Dunc hold the line until we get the move . He didn't let anyone down and although we probably won't win any cups we actually watch players act with a bit of professionalism . Like Townsend has .
He might not be the big name we all want but his name means a hell of a lot more than RBs and he isn't just in it for a paycheck .
I think more and more people would accept that ( with gritted teeth ) more and more this season goes on .
He will be gone in 2 weeks . Vault me .
I personally think Duncan Ferguson will get less support than the current manager but you do you. I respect your opinion and respectfully disagree with it. Appointing Duncan Ferguson for a short term role doesn't indicate any chance of improvement. With Benitez I can at least see that he's trying to change the way the club is ran starting from the medical department. Appointing Duncan Ferguson means things remain same old same old.

Zero chance of that I think

They're not sacking him after losing away to the Champions

The earliest he could potentially be sacked will be after the Derby if we REALLY get destroyed and Goodison tries to lynch him
Not sure.
The Brentford result is massive now , a win buy's him a bit of time . A defeat and he's totally lost the fans going into the Derby.
Horrible situation.

Can’t be absolved of blame but we need key bodies back soon and we need meaningful reinforcements in January. The squad is abysmal and the only one you can blame him for is Rondon.
Bergovic didn't cover himself with glory either however I'm happy to concede that I'm happy he brought Andros in . Top quality attitude even though he might not be the best in terms of ability his professionalism should be contagious .

I personally think Duncan Ferguson will get less support than the current manager but you do you. I respect your opinion and respectfully disagree with it. Appointing Duncan Ferguson for a short term role doesn't indicate any chance of improvement. With Benitez I can at least see that he's trying to change the way the club is ran starting from the medical department. Appointing Duncan Ferguson means things remain same old same old.
Good point although maybe Dunc would of changed things around given the job full time . Being a coach he must notice that things aren't right in the medical part of the club .
Thanks for your respectful and insightful response . I know this subject brings the best and worst of emotions so I'm very happy to engage with people who disagree with me but happy to answer with respect .

Get Fat Sam back.
All transfer/wage payments to be made via hefty envelopes in Motorway service station car parks or secretly to bank accounts in a Tax haven.
All signings will be recorded as being technically on a free regardless of value, and all players technically on £5 a week contracts. Lets see FFP sort that one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back