2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bergovic didn't cover himself with glory either however I'm happy to concede that I'm happy he brought Andros in . Top quality attitude even though he might not be the best in terms of ability his professionalism should be contagious .

Maybe, but then second choice GK is a hard position to fill. He’ll do for now. Townsend and Gray have been excellent. Rondon has been poo but then with no money what else can you realistically get?

If he has a full team (or close to it) and the performances/results are no good then fair enough. So far he’s not had much luck with injuries so it’s not easy to judge what he’s actually capable of.

The premier league is the most attractive league in the world for a manager

There are 20 teams in the league with a limited window between sackings and hirings.

Lets say hypothetically theres 10 positions each season available.

Why cant we attract top notch managers from overseas?

Answer = The board only want to hire managers with premier league experience.

There is a trend that board only wants Premier league experience managers. That does limit our choices.

Also, more on top notch managers from overseas - if they are currently employed, that would require additional compensation, which I'm sure the board is unwilling to pay.
Premier League being the most attractive league in the world does not mean it could easily attract good managers from overseas. There are many factors to overcome - like the manager's family situation, the manager's willingness to move to a new city, language barrier, etc.. All of which, I don't think the Board willing to spend to overcome these barriers.

Potterball is still no1 choice in the Anyone But Benitez Brigades eyes - with his 16th place finish last season and 1 win in 7 current run this season.... scintillating stuff.

You have some others, Zat has gone hard on Anorim - some young Portuguese fella who can barely speak a word of English and is doing well in a league Marco Silva looked boss in - lets just hope he's better than Zats shouts for us to spend £65 million on Emerson & Aarons at RB lol

You should do some research on Ruben Amorim.

Also, Emerson has been good since Conte took over, i did say he needed a better manager than Nuno. Aarons needs to play in a better team...just like Maguire and Robertson when they were at hull.

Benitez is obviously the better manager but Alladyce did a solid job with a worse side.

You cant compare the two when Benitez has managed just 11 games you rascal.

Fat Sam played Pickford; Keane; Holgate; Davies; DCL - and he even played Kenny

He even played Cuco Martina and still managed to pick up results

Good god, Fat Sam is more tactically aware than Rafata

Jesus Christ

So you are saying benitez is the better manager and has the better side (despite the injuries).

Yet allardyce was able to coach worse players like martina and williams how to defend in the space of weeks, and benitez hasn't been able to coach Keane, Godfrey, digne, Coleman in 6 months. Allardyce was getting results with a worse squad, yet benitez is 1 win in 8.

Yet you are making excuse after excuse for him.

Allardyce looks far superior in every way to Benitez.

Ancelotti looks world class in comparison to both.

Benitez is a Champions League, La Liga, Europa League, FA Cup & Copa Italia winning manager.

Anyone claiming he is a bad manager doesn't know their arse from their elbow tbh.

Alladyce could only dream of a CV like that although I doth my cap to Big Sam for a solid job that he did here - was treated awfully by Moshiri & the fanbase.

Where were you 15 odd years ago?

Going to be interesting against Brentford to see if Benitez uses some of the young players.

Branthwaite, Onyango, Dobbin and possibly Simms.

Id go with:

Pickford
Godfrey Keane Branthwaite Digne
Delph
Onyango Allan
Townsend Simms Gordon

There should be enough attitude and desire in that team to compete and get something from the game.

If Benitez starts Rondon and Coleman then we may as well wave the white flag.

Going to be interesting against Brentford to see if Benitez uses some of the young players.

Id go with:

Pickford
Delph
Onyango Allan
Townsend Simms Gordon

There should be enough attitude and desire in that team to compete and get something from the game.

Id say the fact he brought on Rondon away at City in a game already lost rather than Simms tells you all you need to know.

There is a trend that board only wants Premier league experience managers. That does limit our choices.

Also, more on top notch managers from overseas - if they are currently employed, that would require additional compensation, which I'm sure the board is unwilling to pay.
Premier League being the most attractive league in the world does not mean it could easily attract good managers from overseas. There are many factors to overcome - like the manager's family situation, the manager's willingness to move to a new city, language barrier, etc.. All of which, I don't think the Board willing to spend to overcome these barriers.
1. Most of those Managers want a chance to win Something. They will go to a club in another European league where they are more likely to have a chance.

2. We are not exactly an attractive package right now. We can’t offer a transfer budget.

3. To some extent we have already tried it with Silva. He won stuff.

Id go with:

Pickford
Delph
Onyango Allan
Townsend Simms Gordon

Benitez will definitely not do that.

I think if mina is back, he goes mina, keane and Godfrey with digne and Coleman wing backs.

Delph, allan and townsend in front

Gordon/iwobi behind rondon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back