Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People have recognised the need for fundamental changes at Everton for a long time. Recruitment was a shambles, the medical team were amateurs, no one knew what Brands did, the long term coaching team haven’t made any difference, the academy isn’t producing anything, Moshiri needed to butt out.

Within a few months Benitez has got rid of Brands, turfed out the head of the medical team, senior scouts have left, and Moshiri has firmly been told to give him the train set.

To add to this we’ve seen players who were not fully committed to Everton in James and Kean leave the club with a shot also fired across Digne’s bow.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if over the next few months we see some of the coaching staff who have been protected by Brands and Kenwright for a long time go.

This is the medicine the club needs. People will not like it but it probably had to take an obdurate ex Liverpool manager to do it. He has no sentiment whatsoever, no popularity to protect, he’ll just ruthlessly do whatever he feels he has to.

Maybe it won’t work out, but I’d put my mortgage on us being a damn site better as a club than we have been for the last 5 years once Benitez has finished this cull of ridiculous amateurs and got in some professionals in key positions.

I like that, this is the kind of managemnet the club needs. Some one who will stand no nonsense. If players don't like what he is asking them to do then leave no one player is bigger than the club.

Heard Chelsea are interested ion Digne, fine what say 50 mill then.

He has explained that he essentially got his 5th and 6th choice players. There were also signings made which he didn't want.

You criticise the overall spend, yet we spent substantially more than what he did at Newcastle. He also left Newcastle in profit from his tenure.

For 157 mil, he made 31 transfers which equals an average of 5 mil. His record signing cost 23 mil.
We ?

People have recognised the need for fundamental changes at Everton for a long time. Recruitment was a shambles, the medical team were amateurs, no one knew what Brands did, the long term coaching team haven’t made any difference, the academy isn’t producing anything, Moshiri needed to butt out.

Within a few months Benitez has got rid of Brands, turfed out the head of the medical team, senior scouts have left, and Moshiri has firmly been told to give him the train set.

To add to this we’ve seen players who were not fully committed to Everton in James and Kean leave the club with a shot also fired across Digne’s bow.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if over the next few months we see some of the coaching staff who have been protected by Brands and Kenwright for a long time go.

This is the medicine the club needs. People will not like it but it probably had to take an obdurate ex Liverpool manager to do it. He has no sentiment whatsoever, no popularity to protect, he’ll just ruthlessly do whatever he feels he has to.

Maybe it won’t work out, but I’d put my mortgage on us being a damn site better as a club than we have been for the last 5 years once Benitez has finished this cull of ridiculous amateurs and got in some professionals in key positions.
absolutely. And none of the above did Carlo bother his arse with. This all comes from Benitez's drive and ambition. The accusation that he was just here to top up his pension is rubbish, he is desperate to succeed. The stuff he is doing isn't easy, making people uncomfortable in their jobs, there will be a lot of bad vibes being sent his way at the moment down at FF, but he doesn't;' give a stuff. Marvellous that we've got him to sort out the dreadful state we are in.

We’ve said for years that the players have too much say.

Yes, Digne is a fan favourite however if we want a manager to be firm, the same people can’t moan when the manager is firm.

If Digne was playing at his best form then Benitez probably wouldn’t have a problem with him. Let’s face it though, apart from a small spell under Ancelotti he’s been poor since his first season under Silva. He gets caught out of position loads, he’s not very good one on one, he makes silly fouls in dangerous areas, and his crossing has deteriorated. He seems to have also lost a lot of conditioning and sharpness to his game.

I’m not surprised he’s been called out to be honest, and if he doesn’t like being told to improve then it’s right he leaves the club. The team has to come first.

Whilst change is needed, I am just very worried that we’ll replace general fecklessness with feckless types loyal to Benitez.

If he is going out grabbing the best, then fine. If he grabs his mates then it isn’t.

Think Digne’s within his right to question tactical choices after not winning a game for over 2 months tbh. Obviously we don’t know how serious the disagreement got but if Benitez believes that the “priority is the team” then he should probably get one of the best footballers at the club back in the squad sooner rather than later.
Is he though? I mean he has been poor, and he was under Carlo too towards the end, cant really complain about someone when you are not performing yourself.
Besides only one player seems to have a problem, bit of a coincidence its the one playing badly.
Lots of links away, might be best for everyone and he can go with our thanks and best wishes.

Whilst change is needed, I am just very worried that we’ll replace general fecklessness with feckless types loyal to Benitez.

If he is going out grabbing the best, then fine. If he grabs his mates then it isn’t.

At this point I’d trust anyone more than the previous incumbents. Awful recruitment, and even when w edits get it right we couldn’t keep the players fit anyway, most players looked tired and apathetic most of the time regardless.

A clean sweep is better than just sticking with what we had.

In theory thats all great...bin off the underperformers and underachievers.

That should have been what the DOF was allowed to do. But apparently wasnt.

Im not sure how having Benitez do that improves things long term...he goes, lots of staff move out with him

If the DOF appoints these personnel then its a long term strategy.

If Digne was playing at his best form then Benitez probably wouldn’t have a problem with him. Let’s face it though, apart from a small spell under Ancelotti he’s been poor since his first season under Silva. He gets caught out of position loads, he’s not very good one on one, he makes silly fouls in dangerous areas, and his crossing has deteriorated. He seems to have also lost a lot of conditioning and sharpness to his game.

I’m not surprised he’s been called out to be honest, and if he doesn’t like being told to improve then it’s right he leaves the club. The team has to come first.

If you list down his attributes and weaknesses when on form...

...hes an attacking left back.

Benitez is asking him to stay back and block crosses...we may as well find a left footed Wan Bissaka there and sign the real one for the right if thats the plan.

At this point I’d trust anyone more than the previous incumbents. Awful recruitment, and even when w edits get it right we couldn’t keep the players fit anyway, most players looked tired and apathetic most of the time regardless.

A clean sweep is better than just sticking with what we had.

It makes sense if Benitez is manager till his contract ends and then becomes DOF.

Thats the only logic to it.

"Everybody knows how dangerous Saka is, he was controlling him quite well."

i mean Saka did make a cross and laid it on a plate for Nketia and he should have scored and we probably would have lost like....

Amazing to see Benitez praise an u21 player when hes so loathe to sign them.

'Professionals'. lol I'd love to see his qualifications for being director of football - jobs for the boys it looks like to mr.

We’ve been moaning for years the club needs a clear out, it’s starting to happen and yet people will use it as a negative cos RB is here.
We moan the players have had it easy and no one stand up to them.
Digne gets rightly launched out for questioning the manager, somehow it’s another negative for RB.
If Carlo had done the same he would be getting plaudits.

I’m not his biggest fan but I accept there is no way the board will get rid until he’s at least had a full season. I’m interested to see what happens the next few months with regards to the structure of the club, and the team.
The Raxative must be allowed to do its work. Senor Benitez is the dose of prune juice that must work its way through the fetid, constipated intestines that compose Everton Football Club. He's come in and, in short order, disposed of the empty suit that masqueraded as our director of football, banished the medical services head who has overseen a pathetic injury list, rid himself of an uncommitted, though gifted, luxury player, and put other underperforming players on notice. He really doesn't have to be liked to do this work. In fact, being disliked is probably an advantage. Long live the enema.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back