• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can only hope.
Point of View: You're Gretar Steinsson

gulag-warzone.gif

Contract Dave as DOF, sounds like Benitez asking for somebody who is totally put of his depth, so that Benitez meets no opposition to his master plan.

What can possibly go wrong?
I assume e have scouts all over the world looking at players.
If it was just Steinson and Brands then it is no wonder we couldn't find any good young talent.

I would also guess that whatever players we may be interested in signing in January are long since aware of our interest as are their agents and their clubs.

I assume e have scouts all over the world looking at players.
If it was just Steinson and Brands then it is no wonder we couldn't find any good young talent.

I would also guess that whatever players we may be interested in signing in January are long since aware of our interest as are their agents and their clubs.
I'm sure you are right, to an extent, what worries me now is that Benitez, unopposed, will be deciding which of the players we have scouted are brought in and, who goes out.

As I've often said Dave, Ancelotti's defensive tactics suited neither Digne nor Richarlison. He looked quite a good full back before Ancelotti went ultra defensive in the second half of last season.

He is a very good attacking full back, a French international no less.
I like him and always have. But when you have a huge amount of the season with neither DCL or Richarlsion in attack to recieve his great crosses then he was better deployed as a defender who stays back and tries to shackle opposition wingers and wing backs.

Is he though? I mean he has been poor, and he was under Carlo too towards the end, cant really complain about someone when you are not performing yourself.
Besides only one player seems to have a problem, bit of a coincidence its the one playing badly.
Lots of links away, might be best for everyone and he can go with our thanks and best wishes.
If great LB is being asked to play as what amounts to a LCB him not performing amazing shouldnt be very surprising. A good coach moulds his tactics to fit the players availabe, especially if those players are more than decent. Digne, when used properly, is a very good player. Him not performing great is because hes beeing asked to play a role he isnt suited for, as the manager either cant or wont correct his tactics to get the best out of lne of our best players. If hes not capable of performing well because of how hes asked to play, he is well within his rights to point that out.

I like him and always have. But when you have a huge amount of the season with neither DCL or Richarlsion in attack to recieve his great crosses then he was better deployed as a defender who stays back and tries to shackle opposition wingers and wing backs.
Agree, but, played in that role he is only half the player he should be. I just don't like that style of football, I didn't like the last 6 months of Ancelotti and to be quite frank, it has been even worse with Benitez.

Dire defensive football, but even the defending is chaotic.

If great LB is being asked to play as what amounts to a LCB him not performing amazing shouldnt be very surprising. A good coach moulds his tactics to fit the players availabe, especially if those players are more than decent. Digne, when used properly, is a very good player. Him not performing great is because hes beeing asked to play a role he isnt suited for, as the manager either cant or wont correct his tactics to get the best out of lne of our best players. If hes not capable of performing well because of how hes asked to play, he is well within his rights to point that out.
So in other words Lucas thinks he is bigger then everyone else, not a team player? wants everything based around him, he has been poor for the last two managers, wont be missed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back