Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like he's been given the opportunity to be like Cafu with the role he's being asked to play. That's what the dispute between he and Benitez was about in the first place.

What? Defending? It's the prime job of most left backs as I understand. Maybe if he was better at it he could be trusted to stray forward.

Maybe if the defence was better drilled and the 2 man midfield wasn't too stretched to offer cover he could be allowed to go forward. Mind you, heaven forbid that we play a system to fit the players we have, rather than choosing the system and expecting the players to be suited to it.
Seems to fit the players who played last week fine enough. Godfrey ran up and down so it's not like the instruction is literally not attack. Team > individuals

Godfrey ran up and down because of his super fitness and pace, he created nothing though, because of his lack of skill. I like Godfrey, but creative he isn't.

This team is not blessed with creativity, it's the managers job to setup in a way that gets the best from the players. Look at the results, he obviously isn't doing so.

Point of View: You're Gretar Steinsson

gulag-warzone.gif

Nice avatar, great album.

?

I completely agree. The more I see the more I think he's been brought in by Moshiri to clean house and deal with the people at the heart of the culture of failure at every level of the club as much as to put a team on the pitch to get points and secure PL status. I dont give much chance to Unsworth being around for much longer, and Ferguson is not exactly safe either I wouldn't have thought.

Benitez is the Terminator.

As for players: geting shut of the likes of Alonso at Liverpool and pushing Stevie GBH around the pitch wherever the hell he wanted him to play with no comeback underlines he can dominate the laggards at this club no problem.

Moshiri will want a professional organisation in place before entering that new stadium. Benitez has made a handy start in getting shut of the amateurs who couldn't grace that stadium.

He’s taking the clothes at the moment, boots and motorcycle in the new year… Asta la Rafael baby.

Godfrey ran up and down because of his super fitness and pace, he created nothing though, because of his lack of skill. I like Godfrey, but creative he isn't.

This team is not blessed with creativity, it's the managers job to setup in a way that gets the best from the players. Look at the results, he obviously isn't doing so.
Doesn’t look comfortable going forward with the ball.
If he was comfortable and creative, he wouldn’t be playing for us.

Digne has the least to moan about in the whole team, plays every week in his ideal position.

Digne has the least to moan about in the whole team, plays every week in his ideal position.
He doesn't though does he? That's what he was asking Benitez about. Benitez is stubborn, everyone has been able to see that it is folly to play 2 in midfield, ridiculous to play Rondon week after week and and mad to have imposed his new defensive system.

He has got rid of our most creative player and his tactics are nullifying our other most creative player Defending deep with a porous defence and attempting the odd kick and rush breakout will only work occasionally, we really have to utilse the bit of quality we have in the best way possible.

Digne can see this and spoke to the manager about it, big mistake with the control freak, he can never accept that he is wrong. Was only ever going to end one way unfortunately.

He is a professional he wants to play in the best national team in the world,and playing for a manager who want let him go over the half way line,stops him from doing that.I think Riche is the best header of a ball at the club do you think if the manager played him centre half he would be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back