Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost like a manager who's won a La Liga Title, Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup & Copa Italia knows how to manage.

Listening to some on here you would think the bloke sticks crayons up his nose ?‍♂️
Yeah red ones at toffees fans (with comments like he’s made)

He went to China ?? (For kryst’s sake) for his last obscenely big big pay - I bet he cannot believe his luck landing such a gem of a managerial position after impliedly declaring his retirement from serious football management I’m so doing. When was he last a serious trophy contender? He’s here only for the ? money ? spent force and he comes with so much baggage from an evertonian’s perspective that it defy’s all logic. It’s not serious planning to build a better future- it’s misguided desperation which will end eventually with him blaming the club’s hierarchy for not backing him enough. He’s a smooth operator, for some unknown reason the geordies loved him and still do, and the fact that he’s got some pretty solid support from significant sections of your fanbase speaks volumes for his ability to wriggle out of the totally “un-wriggle-out-able”. He’s poison for EFC

It's almost like a manager who's won a La Liga Title, Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup & Copa Italia knows how to manage.

Listening to some on here you would think the bloke sticks crayons up his nose ?‍♂️
691c0ce32d038795e96062d95329921d5e9205ee.webp

Rafael Benitez circa 1990

No I presentobservation based on facts to arrive at an informed opinion. I think it is hard to dispute the likelihood of anything I said there being correct.

Its opinion, you know that thong that forums are about. If mine differs to yours that's fine too.
Think I was right you scoundrel. But as Roy was one of my Dad's favourites I will let you off!

Think the Godfrey call was a good one. Saka would have preferred a pedestrian and awol Digne to play against. Digne has to up his game quite considerably because he has been poor for a good while and easy to play against. No doubt when he is on his game he is first choice but it has been drastic decline over the last season or so
Spot on. Digne had not even stood on someone's face to point out they should not mess with us. He had been insipid for ages.

?

I completely agree. The more I see the more I think he's been brought in by Moshiri to clean house and deal with the people at the heart of the culture of failure at every level of the club as much as to put a team on the pitch to get points and secure PL status. I dont give much chance to Unsworth being around for much longer, and Ferguson is not exactly safe either I wouldn't have thought.

Benitez is the Terminator.

As for players: geting shut of the likes of Alonso at Liverpool and pushing Stevie GBH around the pitch wherever the hell he wanted him to play with no comeback underlines he can dominate the laggards at this club no problem.

Moshiri will want a professional organisation in place before entering that new stadium. Benitez has made a handy start in getting shut of the amateurs who couldn't grace that stadium.
In that case I expect to see Davies
Iwobi, Tosun, Rondon, Gomes voldemort etc gone in January. No one can argue against that surely.....can they?

Yeah red ones at toffees fans (with comments like he’s made)

He went to China ?? (For kryst’s sake) for his last obscenely big big pay - I bet he cannot believe his luck landing such a gem of a managerial position after impliedly declaring his retirement from serious football management I’m so doing. When was he last a serious trophy contender? He’s here only for the ? money ? spent force and he comes with so much baggage from an evertonian’s perspective that it defy’s all logic. It’s not serious planning to build a better future- it’s misguided desperation which will end eventually with him blaming the club’s hierarchy for not backing him enough. He’s a smooth operator, for some unknown reason the geordies loved him and still do, and the fact that he’s got some pretty solid support from significant sections of your fanbase speaks volumes for his ability to wriggle out of the totally “un-wriggle-out-able”. He’s poison for EFC
Dont be telling them hes got red crayons up his nose otherwise half the loons on here will be doing it tomorrow.

My take on Digne situation is, he would be an idiot to burn bridges with one of our best players but in the same breadth, Digne shouldn’t start on Sunday. The team played well, he can start off the bench Sunday.

Has anyone considered hiring John Cleese to stand behind him on the touchline on match day, and to be in full Basil Fawlty character?

Maybe shouting belittling remarks at him for 90 minutes will get him to up his game? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back