Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were all crap and we’d been moaning about them for months/years
You do actually need a replacement for these people - lets see who he brings in - at the moment he has installed himself as chief scout, DoF and Head of Recruitment

That is an enormous gamble for a man with a limited budget and his track record of transfers.

I dont know if I or you would be happy with a squad full of Townsends, Dave. In fact, I know we wouldnt.

The jury is very much out. I hope it goes well, but I think we are in extremely dangerous territory with this man.
Using Townsend as a stick to beat him with is a tad fanciful.
Also, of course you wouldn’t have a squad full of Townsend, that doesn’t mean he isn’t useful though.

You wouldn’t have a squad full of Alan Harpers or Kevin Richardsons but they had their uses.

Using Townsend as a stick to beat him with is a tad fanciful.
Also, of course you wouldn’t have a squad full of Townsend, that doesn’t mean he isn’t useful though.

You wouldn’t have a squad full of Alan Harpers or Kevin Richardsons but they had their uses.
More in the context of outgoings really - Digne, James, Richarlison

oh no, I wanted Marcel brands gone, but not all the dopes he appointed!
I'm not really following how getting under performers out the club is a massive risk. In elite sport, diversity is NOT the key to success. Here, as Dave as touched on, you follow the big man. SAF didn't encourage debate and feedback about his decisions.When Moyes was here for over a decade, he took over every aspect of the club, put his stamp on it, that's what good managers do.

I'm not really following how getting under performers out the club is a massive risk. In elite sport, diversity is NOT the key to success. Here, as Dave as touched on, you follow the big man. SAF didn't encourage debate and feedback about his decisions.When Moyes was here for over a decade, he took over every aspect of the club, put his stamp on it, that's what good managers do.
So please enlighten us to Benitez track record in this regard

Im all for leaving it all in the hands of a good manager . Pity we dont have 1.

No, but what they did do was have the best staff behind them that they could do. SAF would always have a high quality no2 next to him who he could bounce ideas off. Moyes has always had a very high quality backroom setup wherever he has been. Look at him now at West Ham, their backroom setup is an expensively assembled collection of coaches and staff who are all very highly rated in their individual roles and it's paying off so fair play to him. Is Benitez going to do the same given the restrictions we have? I don't just mean from a money point of view either there is the whole jobs for the boys mentality which seems to just continue now with the recent contract Dave move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back