Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but what they did do was have the best staff behind them that they could do. SAF would always have a high quality no2 next to him who he could bounce ideas off. Moyes has always had a very high quality backroom setup wherever he has been. Look at him now at West Ham, their backroom setup is an expensively assembled collection of coaches and staff who are all very highly rated in their individual roles and it's paying off so fair play to him. Is Benitez going to do the same given the restrictions we have? I don't just mean from a money point of view either there is the whole jobs for the boys mentality which seems to just continue now with the recent contract Dave move.
I think he'll appoint the best he can get. No way he's going to encourage a jobs for the boys atmosphere. How is that a help to him? he knows he will live or die by results. So he will be trying for the best he can get.

I think he'll appoint the best he can get. No way he's going to encourage a jobs for the boys atmosphere. How is that a help to him? he knows he will live or die by results. So he will be trying for the best he can get.
Should have gotten Scolari then, hes crap now too, but if we're looking a washed up manager whos won loads of trophies in their heyday with other teams- hes your man - and hes still more relevant than Benetiz at least he cleaned up in China.

I don't have a problem with Brands and the DOF position being scrapped. I just question the reason it was done now and I'm not happy with who has gained power because of it.
This. People needed cleared out, dof needed scrapped, the whole club needed rebuilt. We all get that. This isn’t the guy to have given all of that power and trust in to do it. This “oh it was crap before, it can’t get worse” fallacy is really quite scary. Wanking because he’s sacking folk - anybody could do that, it’s how we replace and rebuild that matters.

Folk want to sit and happily clap as we watch a slow train crash and call themselves supporters for doing it. Joke.

I dont know if I or you would be happy with a squad full of Townsends, Dave. In fact, I know we wouldnt.

The jury is very much out. I hope it goes well, but I think we are in extremely dangerous territory with this man.
I wouldn't be happy about it. But that;s not the same as saying he hasn't done his bit to make performances acceptable...especially early in the season.

I cant believe people are arguing it'll be a risk handing Benitez the reins of our players signing policy after the catastrophe of the last 6 years.

I'm more than happy if Moshiri sells a player for big cash and then finds some more cash to hand Benitez a £70-£80M war chest in the coming two windows.

I wouldn't be happy about it. But that;s not the same as saying he hasn't done his bit to make performances acceptable...especially early in the season.

I cant believe people are arguing it'll be a risk handing Benitez the reins of our players signing policy after the catastrophe of the last 6 years.

I'm more than happy if Moshiri sells a player for big cash and then finds some more cash to hand Benitez a £70-£80M war chest in the coming two windows.
I think we have to see it as a long game.

We’re not getting CL in the next 2 years, we’re simply not good enough currently.

I think some people are conflicted by that, however, accepting that we need to take stock and rebuild a largely poor squad (not first XI) does not mean neglecting NSNO.

Yes we want to win every game, yes we want silverware, but to get there we need a good squad and we don’t currently have that. Let the man build a good squad.

We have a solid, experienced manager. He may not be fashionable but the last thing we need now is to go back on the managerial merry-go-nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back