Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have to see it as a long game.

We’re not getting CL in the next 2 years, we’re simply not good enough currently.

I think some people are conflicted by that, however, accepting that we need to take stock and rebuild a largely poor squad (not first XI) does not mean neglecting NSNO.

Yes we want to win every game, yes we want silverware, but to get there we need a good squad and we don’t currently have that. Let the man build a good squad.

We have a solid, experienced manager. He may not be fashionable but the last thing we need now is to go back on the managerial merry-go-nowhere.

Our strategy has to be to be in a position to pounce for the top 4 as soon as there is weakness in the top teams.

Whilst Guardiola, Tuchel, Klopp are in place most sides can forget about usurping those teams. We’ve all seen what has happened to Spurs United and Arsenal though as soon as they’ve lost good managers. Annoyingly Spurs have got another one now, and United may be better under Rangnik than Solksjaer.

All of this won’t last for ever though. Klopp will leave Liverpool, Guardiola will leave City, Tuchel will leave Chelsea, and when they do we need to be in the position we were under Moyes’ best period, regularly pushing just outside the top 4. If one slips up then we could do what Spurs did under Pochettino and be right place right time for CL football. Then every year you’re keeping a top 6 team out is a year that damages them more and more. What’s been disappointing though recently is that United under Solskjaer, Chelsea under Lampard, Spurs under Mourinho, Arsenal under Emery and Arteta have not been good teams, yet instead of taking European spots from them, we’ve been in relegation worries and firing managers.

We need to build that level of consistency that allows us to pounce when the door reopens again.

Our strategy has to be to be in a position to pounce for the top 4 as soon as there is weakness in the top teams.

Whilst Guardiola, Tuchel, Klopp are in place most sides can forget about usurping those teams. We’ve all seen what has happened to Spurs United and Arsenal though as soon as they’ve lost good managers. Annoyingly Spurs have got another one now, and United may be better under Rangnik than Solksjaer.

All of this won’t last for ever though. Klopp will leave Liverpool, Guardiola will leave City, Tuchel will leave Chelsea, and when they do we need to be in the position we were under Moyes’ best period, regularly pushing just outside the top 4. If one slips up then we could do what Spurs did under Pochettino and be right place right time for CL football. Then every year you’re keeping a top 6 team out is a year that damages them more and more. What’s been disappointing though recently is that United under Solskjaer, Chelsea under Lampard, Spurs under Mourinho, Arsenal under Emery and Arteta have not been good teams, yet instead of taking European spots from them, we’ve been in relegation worries and firing managers.

We need to build that level of consistency that allows us to pounce when the door reopens again.

Which is what Todgers & Moist have done with Leicester & WHU respectively.

Neither top level managers just both above average with good recruitment teams behind them.

Our Arsenal win was just what is needed, however too early to say we have turned a corner. For me we need to win our next 3 games for that or at least notch up 10 points from the next 4/5 games. Then things would look a bit brighter.

Having said that Benitez is not looking at the exit door this saeon what ever the futre holds. I think if I recall correctly refence to us being a Project was stated. Indeed could be RB is here for a very long time and possibly we will be his last club.

The madness of people saying things being corrected because they’re untrue and then criticising those who are stating facts as they apparently have ‘agendas’.

Look its undeniable the manager has won trophies in his career , it seems fair to say he’s been successful and less than successful at a variety of clubs , like most of the managers who operate at the highest level in their careers . Unless we’re counting the championship, which I’m guessing we’re not , however his last trophy was what 7/8 years ago .

Our Arsenal win was just what is needed, however too early to say we have turned a corner. For me we need to win our next 3 games for that or at least notch up 10 points from the next 4/5 games. Then things would look a bit brighter.

Having said that Benitez is not looking at the exit door this saeon what ever the futre holds. I think if I recall correctly refence to us being a Project was stated. Indeed could be RB is here for a very long time and possibly we will be his last club.
I agree. All this talk about transferrecords, projects and records is going to look silly if he loses the next three and gets sacked.

Let's hope we go on a little run now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back