2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1639216270110.webp

Tbh, I am glad that he is identifying and clearing out all of these people, medical staff included. I never even realised there were so many of them. I mean Brands had so many money siphon's, i mean scouts he didn't even need to do anything himself which explains why he was always on holiday and the signings have been very poor overall. Scout for Europe, scout for pretty much everywhere in the Universe including Mars. It is a good thing having a clear out of these people regardless of who the Manager is. It will benefit future Managers and the club in general. We couldn't have carried on wasting 3 or 400 million pound on 50 million worth of talent. This has needed doing for a while now and it is good that the whole system is being reviewed.

He's brought better quality than we had in...with £1.7M.
Actually he hasnt - he has a 25% strike rate of bringing in players.

You cant bring in 4 with only 1 providing quality, with the rest just taking up squad places and wages, which is what has happened.

In massive, massive trouble imo.

Picked fights with and ostracised or sold multiple important squad members while relying on or bemoaning the lack of other important squad players (Richarlison / DCL)

Digne likely gone, he’ll be in no position to prevent Richarlison from walking in the summer either.

So what happens next?

All that internal disruption he has caused would possibly be recoverable with new blood but a) he’s unlikely to have much cash, b) his track record of signings is terrible and c) his summer transfer business hasn’t improved the squad as a whole - in fact his strike rate is 1 in 4 - let’s put it this way you wouldn’t want a squad full of Townsends let alone Rondons would you ?

All the above comes into play if he somehow survives the season and doesn’t get us relegated which is still on the table !

The talk of 2 and 3 year plans for this busted flush is madness
This is just make believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back