Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Godfrey ran up and down because of his super fitness and pace, he created nothing though, because of his lack of skill. I like Godfrey, but creative he isn't.

This team is not blessed with creativity, it's the managers job to setup in a way that gets the best from the players. Look at the results, he obviously isn't doing so.

Feller over when he got in the box.

I don't think the boss wants modern fullbacks.

Godfrey ran up and down because of his super fitness and pace, he created nothing though, because of his lack of skill. I like Godfrey, but creative he isn't.

This team is not blessed with creativity, it's the managers job to setup in a way that gets the best from the players. Look at the results, he obviously isn't doing so.
Think the Godfrey call was a good one. Saka would have preferred a pedestrian and awol Digne to play against. Digne has to up his game quite considerably because he has been poor for a good while and easy to play against. No doubt when he is on his game he is first choice but it has been drastic decline over the last season or so

No, in other words hes got balls to say what everyone thinks and knows. If a manager isnt able to mould his tactics to fit the squad, hes not a very good manager.
What squad? Lucas is the only one moaning, even Gomes got stuck in on Monday, we need players who fight for the shirt, not cry babies.

Think the Godfrey call was a good one. Saka would have preferred a pedestrian and awol Digne to play against. Digne has to up his game quite considerably because he has been poor for a good while and easy to play against. No doubt when he is on his game he is first choice but it has been drastic decline over the last season or so
Thats fine and I agree, I just think that Benitez is too stubborn to change what obviously is not working. I can accept that Godfrey was useful against Saka, but, we are so lacking in creativity I can also understand Digne speaking to the manager about it.

The problem is that Benitez will not countenance anybody questioning him, he is totally incapable of seeing that anything he does is not 100% correct. My worry now is that there is no way back for Digne and our first choice, or make that our only choice left back becomes a right footed centre back.

Thats fine and I agree, I just think that Benitez is too stubborn to change what obviously is not working. I can accept that Godfrey was useful against Saka, but, we are so lacking in creativity I can also understand Digne speaking to the manager about it.

The problem is that Benitez will not countenance anybody questioning him, he is totally incapable of seeing that anything he does is not 100% correct. My worry now is that there is no way back for Digne and our first choice, or make that our only choice left back becomes a right footed centre back.

You present assumptions as facts?

It's almost like a manager who's won a La Liga Title, Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup & Copa Italia knows how to manage.

Listening to some on here you would think the bloke sticks crayons up his nose ?‍♂️
Aren't you constantly on here telling people we aren't a big club anymore and shouldn't expect much because it's been a while since we won anything ( not in those exact words but if I could be arsed I'm sure I'd find something )

Yet here you are with a love in for Rafael

In massive, massive trouble imo.

Picked fights with and ostracised or sold multiple important squad members while relying on or bemoaning the lack of other important squad players (Richarlison / DCL)

Digne likely gone, he’ll be in no position to prevent Richarlison from walking in the summer either.

So what happens next?

All that internal disruption he has caused would possibly be recoverable with new blood but a) he’s unlikely to have much cash, b) his track record of signings is terrible and c) his summer transfer business hasn’t improved the squad as a whole - in fact his strike rate is 1 in 4 - let’s put it this way you wouldn’t want a squad full of Townsends let alone Rondons would you ?

All the above comes into play if he somehow survives the season and doesn’t get us relegated which is still on the table !

The talk of 2 and 3 year plans for this busted flush is madness

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back