Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People have recognised the need for fundamental changes at Everton for a long time. Recruitment was a shambles, the medical team were amateurs, no one knew what Brands did, the long term coaching team haven’t made any difference, the academy isn’t producing anything, Moshiri needed to butt out.

Within a few months Benitez has got rid of Brands, turfed out the head of the medical team, senior scouts have left, and Moshiri has firmly been told to give him the train set.

To add to this we’ve seen players who were not fully committed to Everton in James and Kean leave the club with a shot also fired across Digne’s bow.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if over the next few months we see some of the coaching staff who have been protected by Brands and Kenwright for a long time go.

This is the medicine the club needs. People will not like it but it probably had to take an obdurate ex Liverpool manager to do it. He has no sentiment whatsoever, no popularity to protect, he’ll just ruthlessly do whatever he feels he has to.

Maybe it won’t work out, but I’d put my mortgage on us being a damn site better as a club than we have been for the last 5 years once Benitez has finished this cull of ridiculous amateurs and got in some professionals in key positions.

?

I completely agree. The more I see the more I think he's been brought in by Moshiri to clean house and deal with the people at the heart of the culture of failure at every level of the club as much as to put a team on the pitch to get points and secure PL status. I dont give much chance to Unsworth being around for much longer, and Ferguson is not exactly safe either I wouldn't have thought.

Benitez is the Terminator.

As for players: geting shut of the likes of Alonso at Liverpool and pushing Stevie GBH around the pitch wherever the hell he wanted him to play with no comeback underlines he can dominate the laggards at this club no problem.

Moshiri will want a professional organisation in place before entering that new stadium. Benitez has made a handy start in getting shut of the amateurs who couldn't grace that stadium.

The Raxative must be allowed to do its work. Senor Benitez is the dose of prune juice that must work its way through the fetid, constipated intestines that compose Everton Football Club. He's come in and, in short order, disposed of the empty suit that masqueraded as our director of football, banished the medical services head who has overseen a pathetic injury list, rid himself of an uncommitted, though gifted, luxury player, and put other underperforming players on notice. He really doesn't have to be liked to do this work. In fact, being disliked is probably an advantage. Long live the enema
?

People have recognised the need for fundamental changes at Everton for a long time. Recruitment was a shambles, the medical team were amateurs, no one knew what Brands did, the long term coaching team haven’t made any difference, the academy isn’t producing anything, Moshiri needed to butt out.

Within a few months Benitez has got rid of Brands, turfed out the head of the medical team, senior scouts have left, and Moshiri has firmly been told to give him the train set.

To add to this we’ve seen players who were not fully committed to Everton in James and Kean leave the club with a shot also fired across Digne’s bow.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if over the next few months we see some of the coaching staff who have been protected by Brands and Kenwright for a long time go.

This is the medicine the club needs. People will not like it but it probably had to take an obdurate ex Liverpool manager to do it. He has no sentiment whatsoever, no popularity to protect, he’ll just ruthlessly do whatever he feels he has to.

Maybe it won’t work out, but I’d put my mortgage on us being a damn site better as a club than we have been for the last 5 years once Benitez has finished this cull of ridiculous amateurs and got in some professionals in key positions.
I think this may have been recognised and accepted by Moshiri/Usmanov.

They possibly realised the path they had chosen since they became involved was not working and expensive.

This ^^^^^^^

5a70e198af61d889008b466a

...and not as an insult either.

Crikey, he’s going to turn Finch Farm into a Siberian style labour camp and disappearing players / staff who disagree with him.

Has anyone seen Digne lately ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back