2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Martinez , Koeman , Silva & Allardyce the moment Moshiri's investment is threatened he will be gone.

Still waiting :coffee:

Thats true although the last time I looked we were sat in the top 6.

Doesn't look like we are in any serious trouble anytime soon the way the squad is putting in a shift for the manager.

Thats true although the last time I looked we were sat in the top 6.

Doesn't look like we are in any serious trouble anytime soon the way the squad is putting in a shift for the manager.
Said the same last 4 managers ?

There's 2 questions you keep evading now.
No hurry like i'm off for 2 weeks now.

So answers please.

Benitez bringing his mates for one last payday jolly.

I still think anything lower than 8th is a fail. Carlo finished 10th, he knew and we all knew that wasn't acceptable and he chose to ditch at the first opportunity, so he failed in his Everton tenure imo, couldn't care less what he won elsewhere, all that did was make me hope for a better future with better players but here we are.

Just think the squad is good enough for at least 8th and anything lower is crap given the accumulative money spent last 5 years.

I still think anything lower than 8th is a fail. Carlo finished 10th, he knew and we all knew that wasn't acceptable and he chose to ditch at the first opportunity, so he failed in his Everton tenure imo, couldn't care less what he won elsewhere, all that did was make me hope for a better future with better players but here we are.

Just think the squad is good enough for at least 8th and anything lower is crap given the accumulative money spent last 5 years.
8th would be a failure too. Really should be top 4 but the top 6 is acceptable.

I wouldn't say it's a failure but we would hope to be closer to 4th than 12th if you know what I mean. The top 8 is fairly competitive so finishing anywhere 3rd to 8th for me is a realistic shout if he can get a tune out of the players for the whole season.
He has got to improve on what Ancelotti got out of this squad last season. If he avoids injuries he should do it. Hopefully, James is over his calf problem that impacted our performance second half of last season. I think Benitez has been shrewd in getting some attacking width in Townsend and Gray, and I believe that Rondon will do a job, too. The manager has started well and I hope he finds what is required to maintain this early momentum. Top 4 at Christmas and Goodison will be a happy place.

He has got to improve on what Ancelotti got out of this squad last season. If he avoids injuries he should do it. Hopefully, James is over his calf problem that impacted our performance second half of last season. I think Benitez has been shrewd in getting some attacking width in Townsend and Gray, and I believe that Rondon will do a job, too. The manager has started well and I hope he finds what is required to maintain this early momentum. Top 4 at Christmas and Goodison will be a happy place.
I think the manager has gotten in players he trusts, whether they can do it over a 38 game period is up for debate as their careers so far indicate a lack of consistency but if he has asked for certain players you have to hope he knows what he is doing, they fit the way he plays, round pegs in round holes.

The depth of squad might bite us in the arse well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back