2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez was sacked at Inter and Madrid due to:

1: Turning Mourinho and Ancelotti's teams into negative, defensive boring failures.

2: Alienating the players who questioned his shocking tactics and didnt want to play for him.

3: Annoying the fans with the teams performances and press conferences which held no basis in reality.

Not quite sure what alternate universe youre in where he wss solely punted due to "player power".

Following on from that...

History seems to be repeating its self according to your points 1, 2 and 3

So, if Benitez is given more time while ignoring poor results, that's a very dangerous situation for the money men. But if results do improve and we are hovering around mid table, the money men will just let it be until such a time the club is rid off dead wood.

When Benitez has done the dirty work and cleaned house, surely his days are numbered because of points 1,2 and 3

Exhibit A
It's not a great affection for Benitez. It's hard headed pragmatism that 'this is who we have', and because of our position we need to get behind him and not rebellious players or a useless DoF.

He's here to do a particular job. It wont be for the most part easy on the eye; there wont be trophies (no change there). But there will be professionalism injected into the club and a new dynamic forged between management and playing staff.

This will be a cultural shift we need to allow another manager to come in and build from without constantly having to look over their shoulders for the next knife in the back from failing individuals.

Embrace it, as many of us have.

I suspect if the usual cheese on toast option had been available the people wanting Benitez out would have been about 10%.

You need to accept your race is run on forcing Benitez's dismissal. That chance evaporated after the derby when Moshiri chose Benitez over his DoF.
Yes, Moshiri is a massive bell and his ruining this club.

You’re correct there Dave

It's not a great affection for Benitez. It's hard headed pragmatism that 'this is who we have', and because of our position we need to get behind him and not rebellious players or a useless DoF.

He's here to do a particular job. It wont be for the most part easy on the eye; there wont be trophies (no change there). But there will be professionalism injected into the club and a new dynamic forged between management and playing staff.

This will be a cultural shift we need to allow another manager to come in and build from without constantly having to look over their shoulders for the next knife in the back from failing individuals.

Embrace it, as many of us have.
Hello mate - I entirely respect your perspective. However, there seems to be a lot of chat intimating that Benitez is a winner thus will bring success.

Which seems very much at odds with your entirely sensible hard headed abs pragmatic approach.

So I'll remove the exhibit A label. My sincere apologies.

Edit: indeed, what you advocate seems very much in line with what Moyes ultimately did during his tenure.

I never understand the '5 other managers players' argument, that happens to just about any club every season when changing managers, a managers job is to get the team, of premier league footballers, playing for him, utter nonsense saying he can't get them to play because he didn't sign them.

Just think that back to yourself and realise how dumb it is.

Beat Arsenal and drew away to the European champions.

loel.gif
The problem is mate, we have played 17 and only won 5, this is not good, whichever way you look at it.

Hello mate - I entirely respect your perspective. However, there seems to be a lot of chat intimating that Benitez is a winner thus will bring success.

Which seems very much at odds with your entirely sensible hard headed abs pragmatic approach.

So I'll remove the exhibit A label. My sincere apologies.
Very civilised.

Trophies wont be appearing any time soon; but a disciplined squad will be in place on his departure. That's success of sorts from where we stand right now.

The problem is mate, we have played 17 and only won 5, this is not good, whichever way you look at it.
There are extenuating circumstances for it...many of which are resolving themselves in the next month, so I'll judge this manager over the whole season and not the first half of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back