Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Discussing sacking Benitez as a serious prospect.

8th in the league having spent 10 bob and suffering the worst injury crisis in a generation.

loel.gif

8th in the league having spent 10 bob and suffering the worst injury crisis in a generation.

loel.gif
Maybe you want to discuss Moshiris complete lack of consistency of approach to all footballing related matters since he bought the club and then think about Benitez’s short-medium to term prospects, Dave.

Of course, any Everton manager should be getting 8th at least. Cast your mind back to Moyes when he came in after Walter (RIP). A team floundering, he took us immedietely from nowhere to the brink of Europe the next season. With a bang average set of players.

Im sure tactical master Benitez is capable of similar, although he shown the exact opposite of the midas touch so far tbh.
Is that the David Moyes that everyone hates?

We have got ourselves into a disastrous position ass as a club and with few options to sort out the squad mess. We couldn’t have even afforded to take a manager from another club this summer, the situation is that bad.

I didn’t expect much this season, but the first few games gave me hope. However, no club can manage long term with the level of injuries we carry.

I don’t think there is any manager that can make a difference with us until at least half of this current squad are gone.

We will probably have to sell DCL to generate a budget. Newcastle will pay through the nose. That was supposed to be the Brands way of trading up.

Moshiri is the problem here, not Benitez.

He might not be the right man for the club long term of course, but until you get rid of the real problem behind him, you've got no chance whoever takes the managerial job.

Every single one of those managers were handed cash which they wasted...apart from Benitez.

You need to get real about this.
You’re trying to imply there is method to Moshiri’s madness - there isn’t .

WYSIWYG with him - a buffoon still bumbling around 8 managers and 500m later.

Benitez is not going to be sacked... he might leave...but he won't be sacked.

The last few years has shown us that the last thing we need is to continue with the revolving door policy we had for managers.
Really?

should we have persisted with Koeman and Silva?

or kept Allardyce?

every manager who was sacked, deserved it. Not one of them was deserving of a longer leash.

Really?

or kept Allardyce?

Reminds me of that thing where they say a centre half's second touch is a brilliant tackle cos his first was a terrible touch.
Got to make the tackle to make up for the mistake in the first place.

If Moshiri was a defender his first tackle would be horrific, his second would be to bring down to player, his third would be to send off the referee.

Would be sound if we sold him to torturecastle United for a profit
I think we should sack the fat spanish waiter and bring in someone better who has just become available.

Hear me out

Steve Bruce

Nice bloke, good honest family man. Can organise a defence, real tactical expertise. Perfect for our club. Newcastle are going on to bigger and better things so their trash is our treasure.
Go punch a horse or applaud some torture of women’s rights activists you pathetic little bell

Really?

or kept Allardyce?

every manager who was sacked, deserved it. Not one of them was deserving of a longer leash.
Bit harsh on him. I'd rather we kept him than employ Silva.
Said it at the time, this was the point I realised we are just a toy for Mosh to play with.
There was just no logic in getting Silva.

Reminds me of that thing where they say a centre half's second touch is a brilliant tackle cos his first was a terrible touch.
Got to make the tackle to make up for the mistake in the first place.

If Moshiri was a defender his first tackle would be horrific, his second would be to bring down to player, his third would be to send off the referee.
reminded of Jags vs Wolves - season opener a few seasons back.....

Maybe you want to discuss Moshiris complete lack of consistency of approach to all footballing related matters since he bought the club and then think about Benitez’s short-medium to term prospects, Dave.

Koeman and Silva were only sacked when a relegation battle was looming (hovering around the bottom 3 mid-season and lost the dressing room). Ancelotti walked out for another job.

Benitez will be fine as long as he's around mid table. He needed a good start and he got it first 6 games.

Allardyce was brought in to get the team into mid table for half a season and achieved it. That's Benitez's remit for the next season or two.

Might be a similar squad but no cover for injuries..we will struggle this season to finish 10th.
We had no cover for injuries last season either. One game we named 8 subs, with only iwobi as a senior player, the rest being under 21 and 2 of them were under 21 keepers. This season we actually have a sub striker who is benitez favoured man. Unfortunately he is tosh but benitez chose him so that's on him. Injuries happen, its no different to what we had to deal with from January on last season.

Last season was more competitive. With last season's points total we'd probably get Europe this year.

Leicester and West Ham both finished top 6 last year and have Europa League distractions and already a domestic cup run.
How was it more competitive? If your argument is that some teams have started slower this year, surely that means this season is more competitive as more teams are able to take points of each other. Didn't Leicester have Europe last season? And it doesn't seem to be bothering west ham.

loel.gif
You are just trolling now Dave. You know full well the injury list from last season, I've shared it with you on this thread already. From Saturday, we had 2 (3 if you pick Mina over keane which is a different debate) of our first 11 out. We had games with much worse injury lists last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back