Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, any Everton manager should be getting 8th at least. Cast your mind back to Moyes when he came in after Walter (RIP). A team floundering, he took us immedietely from nowhere to the brink of Europe the next season. With a bang average set of players.

Im sure tactical master Benitez is capable of similar, although he shown the exact opposite of the midas touch so far tbh.

There wasn't billionaire owners with guarantees of cementing a top 4 place back then though.

Yeah nice one cheers for that Brands.
1635422719205.webp

1635422729246.webp

Genuinely could see him gone if we get humiliated in the derby. The next 5 games are truly horrendous and I see us picking up 2 points max on current form.

if he continues to sabotage the team by picking Rondon in that period I see no way back for him.

Don't normally agree with you Kev, but you may well be right with this.

I'll go for 4 points though

Absolutely no evidence of that approach in his 5 year reign, (think Silva, Koeman) you would have to be a real gambler to think his behaviour will change on the back of one - extremely unpopular - appointment.

A leopard will not (thankfully in this case) change its spots.

The only caveat would be we would need to be kicking around the bottom 6, which if the next 5 games go as I expect, including a battering by Liverpool with the kopites singing his name, is something I anticipate.

Hope you're right mate. But barring a relegation battle I can see him sticking with Benitez. He's hedged his bets and has been holding out for the 'TOLD YOU SO' moment. He's hedged his bets with Benitez - I think he also realises that there's no plan b.

Moshiri is a poison on this club.

Hope you're right mate. But barring a relegation battle I can see him sticking with Benitez. He's hedged his bets and has been holding out for the 'TOLD YOU SO' moment. He's hedged his bets with Benitez - I think he also realises that there's no plan b.

Moshiri is a poison on this club.
The thing is, who knows what Moshiri is thinking? He's a random decision generator. As I've said many times before, he'll be the end of this club (or our top flight presence, anyway).

The thing is, who knows what Moshiri is thinking? He's a random decision generator. As I've said many times before, he'll be the end of this club (or our top flight presence, anyway).
Bill wasn't, but Moshiri will? We were talking a few weeks back that we should've beat Utd (Thanks Davies) and that we would've, had we had our full strength playing. Now we're getting relegated??

Leave the club then. Just another useless lump.
I’m not a massive brands fan , far from it . It does seem unlikely he picked the manager and just as unlikely he signed James , Townsend or Rondon . Quitting though , walking away from his job and lucrative contract who really does that ? In professional football how many people just walk away from their wages ? It doesn’t seem like something people do .

But last year we were 2nd at Xmas. Then had a horrendous injury list. It can't be afforded any year.

Seriously, the same argument were being made about the league last year and that top 4 was open, ultimately it ended the same as it always does. With 4 of 6 teams In there.

Not sure where standards have dropped really other than maybe arsenal who are turning it around and spurs. Man United were being talked about as struggling last season but did well anyway, as they likely will this season.

Last season was more competitive. With last season's points total we'd probably get Europe this year.

Leicester and West Ham both finished top 6 last year and have Europa League distractions and already a domestic cup run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back