Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Show me the Benitez banner? Are there any Bentiez chats? We had them for Carlo, and made total fools of ourselves when he bailed soon as he could.
Its one thing on social media but at an actual game its very small time. Also 2 superstars of football ??? One, to raise awerness of the club, again small time
And then we spent months scrambling for an out of work manager who hasn't achieved anything of note for years who lives around the corner. That reeks small time. Same as having to hire allardyce. I'd rather be small time but at least look like we are trying to achieve something.

And yes, 2 superstars of football. Ancelloti is one of the most decorated managers of all time and James was a global superstar. Why is it a bad thing to raise awareness of our club and get our name out to a wider audience? Or should we just try to only have fans who grow up around the stadium?

And being screwed over by a manager or a player isn't anything new. Why expect loyalty from anyone when a club in Europe, offering more money come along? I mean, moyes gave us 10 years and then screwed us by running his contract down knowing he was signing for united and boyhood blues Rooney and barkley both screwed us over. No point getting upset when someone leaves their job for what is deemed to be a better job.

And then we spent months scrambling for an out of work manager who hasn't achieved anything of note for years who lives around the corner. That reeks small time. Same as having to hire allardyce. I'd rather be small time but at least look like we are trying to achieve something.

And yes, 2 superstars of football. Ancelloti is one of the most decorated managers of all time and James was a global superstar. Why is it a bad thing to raise awareness of our club and get our name out to a wider audience? Or should we just try to only have fans who grow up around the stadium?

And being screwed over by a manager or a player isn't anything new. Why expect loyalty from anyone when a club in Europe, offering more money come along? I mean, moyes gave us 10 years and then screwed us by running his contract down knowing he was signing for united and boyhood blues Rooney and barkley both screwed us over. No point getting upset when someone leaves their job for what is deemed to be a better job.
No point getting upset when someone leaves their job ? Tell that to the kids sulking because they didnt get too see James play for us, even though he didnt want to.

He should have taken a pay cut and went somewhere better. It's a pretty serious indictment of him that he would contemplate playing in Qatar.
Yeah totally, add the fact did anyone else want him? United, Chelsea....etc no chance, Newcastle maybe, he now plays for a team that maybe 4 or 5 people on this entire forum had heard off.

It gives people comfort to pretend there’s an alternate universe where another manager comes in and James stays and fires us to glory kissing the badge in front of the Gwladys. Let them have it.
I'll be honest, as much as I am sure that Benitez is managing the team I cannot with the same confidence say that you are the person qualified to make decisions about the multiverse.

Yeah totally, add the fact did anyone else want him? United, Chelsea....etc no chance, Newcastle maybe, he now plays for a team that maybe 4 or 5 people on this entire forum had heard off.

You'd think the lack of other offers must be due to assumptions about wage demands.

I still think it's shame there was no way to keep him. Much as I despise Benitez I'd have to think it was professional decision to get rid of James.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back