2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand why people are so salty about this West Ham loss. They are a better side than us, they proved that last season and they will most likely prove it again this season. We are a mid table side who will lose plenty of games this season with the current squad. Why are people making out like it was some shameful loss ?

Are people still delusional enough to think we should be doing better than this given the squad we have ?

West Ham didn't play well and still beat us. We would have got a result by being no more than average.

Losing at home to West Ham is never acceptable. It's a shocking result. The fact plenty are happy to accept this sort of result shows the current mess the club is in.

West Ham didn't play well and still beat us. We would have got a result by being no more than average.

Losing at home to West Ham is never acceptable. It's a shocking result. The fact plenty are happy to accept this sort of result shows the current mess the club is in.

They are a better team than us with better players. How arrogant and delusional do you have to be to think a mid table side should NEVER lose to West Ham at home, this isn't some bumblesquat league its the most competitive league in the world. Far better teams than us have lost to West Ham at home. No game should ever be considered easy or a guaranteed win, least of all when your squad is depleted and you're playing a team who finished in the top 6 last year.

Its just supreme levels of arrogance tbh, misplaced arrogance at that.

They are a better team than us with better players. How arrogant and delusional do you have to be to think we should NEVER lose to West Ham at home, this isn't some bumblesquat league its the most competitive league in the world. Far better teams have lost to West Ham at home. No game should ever be considered easy or a guaranteed win, least of all when your squad is depleted and you're playing a team who finished in the top 6 last year.

Its just supreme arrogance tbh, misplaced arrogance at that.

It's not arrogance, it's having standards. Losing should never just become one of those things, or it becomes a habit. Losing is a habit at this club. We shrug our shoulders and accept it.

We played without the required standards on Sunday. Sat back, invited pressure, didn't play on the front foot. Unacceptable standards to set in a winnable home game. I won't be giving these players any excuses because they have let us down enough already.

It's not arrogance, it's having standards. Losing should never just become one of those things, or it becomes a habit. Losing is a habit at this club. We shrug our shoulders and accept it.

We played without the required standards on Sunday. Sat back, invited pressure, didn't play on the front foot. Unacceptable standards to set in a winnable home game. I won't be giving these players any excuses because they have let us down enough already.

Standards which we have no right to hold. We are not an elite club and haven't been for something like 35 years. Losing is a habit that 99% of football teams have, its a habit you cant get rid off until you have a top top team. Expecting this squad (minus key players) to somehow get rid of the habit of losing is delusional, it's not going to happen and if it does happen its going to happen over a period of multiple years/seasons rather than overnight.

No manager is going to come in and magically turn things around, it just doesnt work that way. Id understand your position if we had a squad who on paper should be a top 4/6 squad but we don't, we have an average squad with no squad depth and we get the results one would expect from such a situation.

Standards which we have no right to hold. We are not an elite club and haven't been for something like 35 years. Losing is a habit that 99% of football teams have, its a habit you cant get rid off until you have a top top team. Expecting this squad to somehow get rid of the habit of losing is delusional, its not going to happen and if it does happen its going to happen over a period of many years rather than overnight.

This is why we have sacked manager after manager because the fanbase have delusions of grandeur.

Dare give the new bloke the benefit of the doubt and you'll be labelled a Kopite.

SACK SACK SACK

PULIS IN!!

Standards which we have no right to hold. We are not an elite club and haven't been for something like 35 years. Losing is a habit that 99% of football teams have, its a habit you cant get rid off until you have a top top team. Expecting this squad to somehow get rid of the habit of losing is delusional, its not going to happen and if it does happen its going to happen over a period of many years rather than overnight.

If you set out to park the bus at home like a small club then you will never shake off the losing mentality. We have to demand and expect better of things will never get better.

This is why we have sacked manager after manager because the fanbase have delusions of grandeur.

Dare give the new bloke the benefit of the doubt and you'll be labelled a Kopite.

SACK SACK SACK

PULIS IN!!

You didn't show patience to previous managers so you are in no position to lecture on this I'm afraid. Your views are totally bizarre and inconsistent.

SACK SACK SACK

PULIS IN!!
You have been vomiting your idea that Everton should aspire to get relegated in the Doucoure thread.

Is this what you want to see under Benitez, do you want to see Benitez take Everton down in the hope that we have a day out at Wembley for the playoffs?

Why is it that you always want the worst for Everton??

SACK SACK SACK

PULIS IN!!
Oh here we go again

That forums greatest plum piping up with utter rubbish. Slated every manager since he signed up, and probably prior considering he’s a multi.

Then up pops a kopite at the helm and he’s all for backing him. Coincidence?? maybe; but one thing is for sure it’s utterly shameless behaviour.

only you would accept defeat and lowering the standards of this club to defend a kopite

SACK SACK SACK

PULIS IN!!
Definitely willing to give the manager patience. As I was with all our previous managers. What I want is to see tangible signs of the team improving, and I do think there were some green shoots under Benitez but injuries are going to do us.

I think we were always a fairly realistic fan base although patience has got thinner since Moshiri took over.

You didn't show patience to previous managers so you are in no position to lecture on this I'm afraid. Your views are totally bizarre and inconsistent.

Well maybe thats because I've woken up to the facht that Everton FC isn't a big club anymore.

Maybe others should do the same for their own sake...

Always been the same mate, we accept mediocrity all too easily and there has always been excuse after excuse after every defeat etc, and it's come to something when after a defeat at home (were we played like the away side) to West Ham we're now just supposed to accept it and move on.

Last edited:
Always been the same mate, we accept mediocrity all too easily and there has always been excuse after excuse after every defeat etc.
Funny you say that, walking out of goodison FT Sunday the team were getting clapped off by people around me, same people clapping off iwobi when he was subbed, just amazed me ( more so the iwobi sub )

Not one for booing myself, but how they can clap off that team after Sunday I don't know.

I tells ye all, it's the Benny curse and we're all doooooooomed so we are. Man the lifeboats, kopites and geordies first.
??????
?

Status
Not open for further replies.