2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More really good stats to back up how good he is...

Everton managers after 13 Premier League games of their tenures...

Manager
Games
13​
24​
Carlo Ancelotti​
13​
22​
Joe Royle​
13​
22​
Marco Silva​
13​
22​
Ronald Koeman​
13​
19​
Sam Allardyce​
13​
19​
David Moyes​
13​
18​
Mike Walker​
13​
15​
Rafael Benítez
Howard Kendall​
13​
13​
Walter Smith​
13​
12​
Martinez figures very flattering. Took over the best team we had. Made some good signings that window but quickly came to light how poor a manager he actually was. The last 5-6 years have truly been depressing.

People can believe it or not, but I've mentioned it previously that a few people from within the club, including famous ex-strikers, said he's a top finisher.

He showed this in Europe and Turkey too. The problem was that he's slow and we played a style of football that isolated him or highlighted his weaknesses.

The simplest way to put it is if the ball came to him in the box I'd have belief he'd put it away; Rondon, I don't think he'll ever score for us even if it's on a plate.

I'm not going to sing Tosun's praises or claim he's the solution for all our problems, however I do think he's worth a chance; I do despair when I see lard legs.
I’ve heard stories from within the club that Michael Keane is the best finisher at the club and Iwobi is the most skilful.
Some people need to go to specsavers.

Martinez figures very flattering. Took over the best team we had. Made some good signings that window but quickly came to light how poor a manager he actually was. The last 5-6 years have truly been depressing.
That table is bunkam as our greatest Manager ever is 2nd from the bottom.....

"Don't let it be forgot, that once there was a spot,
for one brief shining moment, that was known as Camelot."

The manager isn't our biggest issue it's the squad, recruitment and the mess at board level. But I'm not convinced he will ever build us anything either his tactics are very limited and one dimensional, cross cross cross or counter attacks and he is very negative and stubborn. Also I fail to see a win in our next three or four so as much as I want stability I can't see him lasting. The issue is Moshiri appointing someone he knew a large section of the fanbase will never take to and that we had limited budget this past summer, it was always asking for trouble.

Scandinavian, therefore will have a Kopite somewhere in his ancestry. As we know, that is unforgivable & will give our fanbase sticks to beat him with. Do not want
do you honestly think most want Benitez out primarily because he's a kopite? honestly?
Give me Brendan Rodgers (yuck) over Rafael in the morning.
It's because he's crap.

do you honestly think most want Benitez out primarily because he's a kopite? honestly?
It's because he's crap.
Not sure this Denmark manager is particularly stellar from what I’ve seen of his record. Got sacked after less than a season after succeeding Tuchel at Mainz apparently.

It's because he's crap.

Primarily? No. But given the outrage from the majority before he was appointed & the criticism he gets since he’s been appointed, I’d say the fact he’s an ex RS is a big part of it, yes. Any other manager, the fan base would be a lot more understanding of the injury crisis.

Benitez was dealt a bad hand no doubt about it

But he has played that hand terribly regardless
I don't think it was that bad a hand.
He's had bad luck with injuries.
He's unfortunate that there was no effort to replace Seamus and injuries really hit hard
but
Pickford, Mina, Godfrey, Digne, Allan, Doucoure, Richarlison, DCL, Delph, Keane is even good with the right management, and he added Gray and Townsend, then there's the likes of Gordon and Ancelotti got a tune out of Davies and Gomes at times last season. There's a team of alright players, not gonna win you any silverware but shouldn't be winless for two straight months.

Primarily? No. But given the outrage from the majority before he was appointed & the criticism he gets since he’s been appointed, I’d say the fact he’s an ex RS is a big part of it, yes. Any other manager, the fan base would be a lot more understanding of the injury crisis.
I disagree, Nuno, after being winless in 2 months, getting booted out of the LC by QPR and overseeing the club folding shamefully against Villa and watford would face all the criticism. In fact there probably wouldn't be this weird Rafael defense that we're seeing.

I actually think it’s the opposite - he gets more of a free pass because too many are ready to play the sympathy card ‘look at you lot harassing the poor kopite. It’s not his fault, leave him alone’

Status
Not open for further replies.