2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the bottom 3 were any good I would agree with you mate but essentially we are 8 points above the relegation spots with a game in hand on 2 of those sides and a better GD than all 3.

Ultimately he would only be removed this season if our PL status was in danger. As it stands right now he's safe as houses for another few weeks at the minimum.
He's safe until he loses at Norwich.......

..he sets his team out to surrender possession to the opposition, not concede & offer little threat in the top third. He’s continued with this approach but we inevitably concede first. He blames mistakes for conceding, but give the opposition possession & their confidence grows, they grab the initiative and make chances. It would be interesting to see how often we’ve conceded the first goal.

We then chase the game and look more threatening. Rather than keep doing something that doesn’t work, perhaps he could set us up to take the game to the opposition & play with tempo.

Being awful to watch is dreadful, being awful to watch and continually losing is worst than dreadful. I can’t believe how poor a coach he is.
I cant remember where I saw the chart yesterday but it showed our xG when losing versus our xG when drawing and it is worlds apart...We play far better when losing, which obviously means we can do that when drawing too if we had a manager that inspired the team to win rather than not lose like you say. We have to allow for other teams taking their foot off the gas protecting a lead but the difference was huge. I wish I had the chart, it may have been a twitter link which I don't have so can't find again

To be fair we were a missed penalty and the usual MK mistake away from at least a draw.

We must be the worst team for conceding from unforced mistakes.

To be fair we should not be relying on penalties to get a result. Mistakes as you say maybe unforced but picking a nackered RB to play as an LB in a back 5 with a W/C LB on the bench invites mistakes.

To be fair we should not be relying on penalties to get a result. Mistakes as you say maybe unforced but picking a nackered RB to play as an LB in a back 5 with a W/C LB on the bench invites mistakes.
We know why he didn't play. It would be just our luck to play him and he breaks his leg. We'd be well and truly screwed then. He was there to fill the bench only.

…..he sets his team out to surrender possession to the opposition, not concede & offer little threat in the top third. He’s continued with this approach but we inevitably concede first. He blames mistakes for conceding, but give the opposition possession & their confidence grows, they grab the initiative and make chances. It would be interesting to see how often we’ve conceded the first goal.

We then chase the game and look more threatening. Rather than keep doing something that doesn’t work, perhaps he could set us up to take the game to the opposition & play with tempo.

Being awful to watch is dreadful, being awful to watch and continually losing is worst than dreadful. I can’t believe how poor a coach he is.

How did he set up at Liverpool?

From memory...

Back 4 with 2 full backs bombing up/down
1 Defensive midfielder
1 Centre midfielder
1 Attacking midfielder
2 wide players
1 centre forward

Using the same tactics as with us?

Which makes it more strange that Benitez keeps changing the system.

I think hes desperate as nothing works due to our defence shipping goal after goal

Thank you so much for answering a question I didn’t ask.
Cucurella is ex barca
Lamptey is ex chelsea

One is tall...one is small

From memory...

1 Defensive midfielder
1 Centre midfielder
1 Attacking midfielder
2 wide players
1 centre forward

I think hes desperate as nothing works due to our defence shipping goal after goal

Cucurella is ex barca
Lamptey is ex chelsea

Our defence ships goal after goal because he persists with zonal marking and playing Keane on a high line.

From memory...

1 Defensive midfielder
1 Centre midfielder
1 Attacking midfielder
2 wide players
1 centre forward

Cucurella is ex barca
Lamptey is ex chelsea

Get rid before he starts falling out with any more players especially the better ones after what he said about them yesterday. Never accepts any blame on himself.

What a terrible year 2021 was had covid twice ,lost my best mate , appointed a kopite as OUR manager & then lost 1-4 in the derby . Welcome 2022 then ………!!!! Everton you are cursed !!

Status
Not open for further replies.