Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He won more aerial duels than he lost mate. People are allowed bad games, unlike tom howard.. funes mori is brand new to the league, and has had more good games than bad ones :)

I wasn't really meaning today, it was more of a general comment about it since he arrived.

I didn't think he was that poor today myself, caught out badly for the penalty, but Stones was more erratic in my opinion today.

I wasn't really meaning today, it was more of a general comment about it since he arrived.

I didn't think he was that poor today myself, caught out badly for the penalty, but Stones was more erratic in my opinion today.
then what are you on about mate, this is the only game i've seen him get beat in the air more than once... and even then he still won most of the headers?

then what are you on about mate, this is the only game i've seen him get beat in the air more than once... and even then he still won most of the headers?

I'm saying he's been very lax at set piece defending since he arrived and this was supposed to be his strong area.

Are you blaming Stones then for our inability to defend set pieces? Seeing as it's one of the centrebacks main attributes?

I'm saying he's been very lax at set piece defending since he arrived and this was supposed to be his strong area.

Are you blaming Stones then for our inability to defend set pieces? Seeing as it's one of the centrebacks main attributes?
I blame howard most, but yes stones is poor in the air

Funes Mori is the only one who actually goes to attack the ball defensively, or offensively from corners.

Corners were a issue before he came, they're still a issue now.. which has nothing to do with him but more to do with how the manager and coaches are telling them to defend a corner.

I'm blaming stones for being massively below par in the past two games, but even then i wouldn't blame him for the corners since there are multiple players of ours in the box who should be defending or being coached to defend them better.

As for when defending in the game, and not from set pieces i feel funes mori has saved stones, more times than stones has saved him.. especially in the past two games, but stones is the golden boy so people will naturally rather blame funes mori than him.

(in no way am i saying he is better than stones by the way, stones is a top quality player, but he has been poor for a few games)

thought he bounced back well after the pen. it's one of them where it's a pen because the player has gone down, if he stayed on his feet, nobody would even ask the question, i would think.

his reactions are a bit slow, but they'll develop when he gets more used to the league. we needed someone who would just get rid.

Thought he was poor for the pen. Very poor. Couldn't be blamed for the second or third goals though. However, I thought he was jittery at times today. He's ok but not the answer for me. We need a commanding horrible centre back and/or a dominant keeper. Both would be great but I'd take one for now.

Another quick update on Hapless Mori watch;

Everton 2-3 Leicester

Norwich1-1Everton

Everton1-1Crystal Palace

Middlesbrough 0-2Everton

Bournemouth 3-3 Everton

Everton 4-0Aston Villa

West Ham 1-1 Everton

Everton 6-2 Sunderland

Everton 1-1Norwich (Everton win 4-3 on penalties)

Arsenal 2-1Everton

Everton 0-3 Man Utd

Everton 1-1Liverpool

West Brom 2-3Everton

Reading 1-2 Everton

Swansea 0-0 Everton

Everton 3-1Chelsea

So since his debut against Chelsea;

3 clean sheets - one against a very poor Swansea, one against the worst team in the league and one against lower league opposition.

I think it's 22 goals conceded in 16 games (or to be pedantic, 22 goals in 13 games).

Totally at fault for the first penalty, lets Vardy get across him easily for the second.

Is directly involved in so many mistakes leading to goals it is untrue.

When he gets dropped the results will improve.

I've seen many centre halves over the years, but none so unlucky as Funes Mori. He has so far had 3 or 4 different left backs, a £60,000
right back who isn't even worth that much, A poser next to him who will get his wish to move next year, and will probably spend his time like
Pienaar did. Worst of all Howard as his saviour. I think Howard will eventually cost Martinez his job. All I hope is that, we persevere with the Argie, as we have a gem in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back