Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another quick update on Hapless Mori watch;

Everton 2-3 Leicester

Norwich1-1Everton

Everton1-1Crystal Palace

Middlesbrough 0-2Everton

Bournemouth 3-3 Everton

Everton 4-0Aston Villa

West Ham 1-1 Everton

Everton 6-2 Sunderland

Everton 1-1Norwich (Everton win 4-3 on penalties)

Arsenal 2-1Everton

Everton 0-3 Man Utd

Everton 1-1Liverpool

West Brom 2-3Everton

Reading 1-2 Everton

Swansea 0-0 Everton

Everton 3-1Chelsea

So since his debut against Chelsea;

3 clean sheets - one against a very poor Swansea, one against the worst team in the league and one against lower league opposition.

I think it's 22 goals conceded in 16 games (or to be pedantic, 22 goals in 13 games).

Totally at fault for the first penalty, lets Vardy get across him easily for the second.

Is directly involved in so many mistakes leading to goals it is untrue.

When he gets dropped the results will improve.

Hi mate how are you today?

That back four today,even if you include Jagielka in the equation,all internationals,so what's the problem?,they have the protection of Barry etc in front of them,to me it can only be Martinez and Howard,or both.

El Bob has a pure football philosophy and that's admirable... however, this is the English Premiership and the likes of Stoke, Pardew, Pulis and now Leicester don't give two hoots about watching and appreciating it, they get on with a slightly more direct plan that sadly - at times - works more effectively.
TH is simply way past his best and sadly, while there are still those of us who remember Gordon West and Big Nev, TH at his best was a pale imitation of those goalkeeping giants.

Funes Mori is half decent, he won't be world class. Has everyone forgot how many mistakes Stones made in his first firstteam year? A centreback understanding with each other is pretty hard to establish.

He's poor and I'm starting to think Vickery may have been on to something with his doubts about him.

Hi mate, is their a reason that the only two absences from posting on this forum you've had in the past two months just happened to be the period after we beat Aston Villa and Sunderland and for every single other game during that period you were on and posting straight away after the results? Mostly negative stuff - well actually - entirely negative stuff?

Some would call that really strange behaviour for an Evertonian to actually stay clear of the forum during the only two very good results we had yet always make sure your here on a poor result?

Would advise next good result we get that you log on and maybe post it would make you look a lot less obvious

@bluestevon @DrEFC what do you make of Mori?

He seems to have improved season by season in South America...so im hoping he can adapt and inprove his concentration.

I expected him to be a Puyol type to slot in beside Stones/(our) Pique.

But he doesnt seem anything like as solid as Pique or a Shawcross to me...

I really hope he improves.

He seems to have improved season by season in South America...so im hoping he can adapt and inprove his concentration.

lol mate was actually typing as you asked me, see above.

He is better than i expected, the mistakes and judgement errors he makes once or twice a game don't surprise me as they are just from not being settle din the league and the pace of it yet,

Call me a glass half full type though, what i do see is a player who also does some exceptional things in a game as well, some of his covering challenges he makes really aren't something you see bang average defenders do as often as he does.

Needs a season and a full pre season with the club, needs to add some weight to his frame as he looks too skinny atm, but most of all needs the fans not to get on his back as that has never ever helped a single player play better.

Will he become the next Ayala, likely not, will he develop into a solid cb for this league - more likely

responded in the Kone thread - don't ask me why mate, i blame lack of sleep and EVERTON!

Puyol became a much more solid defender in his mid/late 20's mate, before then i saw him get badly exposed a fair few times in games as a younger player, some players just natural grow into becoming very solid players - probably to do with what they have going on upstairs and if they learn as they mature

Thats true, i think youre right as well about adding some "meat" on him. I think he needs more power behind him which hopefully will translate into being more confident to "get stuck in" especially at corners.

Puyol became a much more solid defender in his mid/late 20's mate, before then i saw him get badly exposed a fair few times in games as a younger player, some players just natural grow into becoming very solid players - probably to do with what they have going on upstairs and if they learn as they mature

The more I see of him the more apparent it is that he's not the defender we need.

For a Martinez defender I can't believe how poor he is on the ball. I genuinely think he's been bailed out up until now because of how little actual defending he's had to do. Put him in Villa's team and he'd look utterly average at best.

The more I see of him the more apparent it is that he's not the defender we need.

For a Martinez defender I can't believe how poor he is on the ball. I genuinely think he's been bailed out up until now because of how little actual defending he's had to do. Put him in Villa's team and he'd look utterly average at best.
His pass success % is better than jags and only 7 % off stones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back