Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not searching for some stupid, ridiculous website that orders players playing in different positions by a mathematical percentage calculation. He's just not a good defender. I don't agree that he is better than Jags at all, not now, and certainly not in Jags prime.

Because you know you can't argue facts.

Jags has been useless since returning from the injury

Stones is quality, and he will prove it. Mori will get better. Under a new manager they will come in leaps and bounds
Both have been poor at times this season, I am prepared to wait till next season under a proper manager until I write either off.

Because you know you can't argue facts.

Jags has been useless since returning from the injury

I can argue facts when they are being used to make an invalid conclusion. You will find that happens a lot with all this stat nonsense. Where are the stats for reading the game, or marking a player so that the opposition choose not to pass to them? They don't exist, and instead you will have someone saying a player is superior just because they covered more ground or something ridiculous. Mori isn't even our best defender right now, and he'd be well down the pecking order in our best defenders in the past 10 years. We need far better than him if we want to achieve anything.

I can argue facts when they are being used to make an invalid conclusion. You will find that happens a lot with all this stat nonsense. Where are the stats for reading the game, or marking a player so that the opposition choose not to pass to them? They don't exist, and instead you will have someone saying a player is superior just because they covered more ground or something ridiculous. Mori isn't even our best defender right now, and he'd be well down the pecking order in our best defenders in the past 10 years. We need far better than him if we want to achieve anything.
Regularly finishes a game having completed the most clearances, headers, interceptions on the pitch

Even the likes of baresi and Maldini would struggle in tho side

Whilst i'm not defending that tackle, it wasn't great, but watch Martinez hang him out to dry in his post match comments now.

He did a nasty tackle but match was over anyway so don't care as he riled them up with beating his chest and badge, kicking ball away and going off like he did'nt give a dam and smug grin at their fans :-)

He really is a terrible defender, even excusing the red card. His positioning is all over the place and he leaves massive gaps trying to attack the ball he gets nowhere near. People are blinded because he scores a couple of goals and we haven't had that from the back since Lescott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back