Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong it wasn't a great challenge, but I've seen far, far worse challenges go unpunished in the derby.
Kuyt on Neviile or Suarez on Distin from recent memory.

At first look, I thought it was Rodwell on Suarez all over again.

Would've been interesting if it had been Sakho on Mirallas for example. My bet would be yellow.

There's no point in playing that game. Mori got what he deserved and that was that.

Bad challenges happen in football, I just hope the lad on the receiving end isn't in a bad way.

It wasn't even mistimed, or just a bad tackle, or a 50-50. It was properly a 'break your ankle' stamp down. That's not right. And doing it at 2-0 down when the team needs to tighten up defensively is just stupid. He'll learn hopefully, but won't defend any tackle like that. It wasn't the worst ever tackle in the history of football (Gerrard and Souness could make up a highlights reel just by theirselves) but it was a bad one and he'll be lucky if it's just the automatic ban.

I was on the Main Stand side of the Anfield Rd and couldn't understand why the ref had reached for his card. If anything, I thought he was going to get a yellow for kicking the ball away so was amazed to see a red come out.

Just seen it on a replay and we can have no complaints, that's a red all day these days. Silly tackle that, hopefully he'll learn from it.

31556.jpg

article-2513202-19A249A000000578-232_634x380.jpg

071020-129-Everton_Liverpool.jpg

80433785-phil-neville-of-everton-flies-through-the-air-gettyimages.jpg

Just a shame he didn't take anyone else out.

That isn't passion; it's having no brain.

He is Distin personified, but thicker.
Distin was boss so I'll take that.

It can't be explained. Some people are just thick.
Okay mate you carry on being happy with players that aren't arsed and be content to let the RS walk all over us.

In the absence of our players actually being able to play football the least I expect is some pride and effort.

Yes it was a poor challenge - I'd have aimed for his midriff.

Absolute BS.

The small time mentality of this post and others here is frightening.

"Let's not compete and be good on the pitch; let's just break the RS'ers legs".

Is this what Nil Satis Nisi Optimum means to you FFS?
For me Nil Satis means not being satisfied with anything but the best.

I was fuming with what I saw on the pitch today from the players.

It was pathetic.

Nice try, but no.

We're 2-0 down, start of the second half, and we need to get a grip and avoid an embarrassment.

This tosser then does that, and kisses the badge like we're morons.

And I'm ashamed to say that some fans are precisely that, going by this type of post.

If you want that at the club and see it as "passion", you're an idiot. Calling a spade a spade. I don't want to call other fans idiots, but there we are.
Is that you David Moyes?

It was a stupid challenge but some people aren't half going over the top. One moment of stupidity; it can happen and has happened.

Don't see the big deal about him grabbing the badge. You could tell by the look on his face that he knew what he'd done and he was just trying to show that he cared and was bothered.

For all his faults, at least he actually cared. That's more than what you can say for others who were out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back