Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Compare and contrast Mori walking off thumping the badge and Besic going over to the fans to say sorry at the end.

2 difererent players, 2 different reactions.

Distin said sorry a lot too, didn't he? That's not the point.

The point is the annoying tendency for jarg passion to be elevated above levels it deserves.

Takes more to convince me of passion than a fist pump or over dramatic response on the pitch.

Distin said sorry a lot too, didn't he? That's not the point.

The point is the annoying tendency for jarg passion to be elevated above levels it deserves.

Takes more to convince me of passion than a fist pump or over dramatic response on the pitch.

And me, I dont like Besic cos of his passion, I like him cos I think hes a very talented footballer, I know you and others dont share that view and thats up to you, Besic himself has even said the same thing, its time to the talking on the pitch, sadly it appears as tho theres a very dark cloud hanging over the club at the moment, so the silence on the pitch from everybody is deafening.

02EF8BC70000044D-3207500-image-a-32_1440287450015.jpg

Let's have a look at what you could have won!!!

Virgil-van-Dijk-602210.jpg
your right mikey, it could be a lot worse and we should all remember that, the faux outrage from our own fans is also hilarious, grow up and get over yourselves

Earn the right to place the hands on the badge lad.

How long has he been here? Cringe-worthy antics.

Still, Besic earns leverage from being 'passionate' doesn't he?

There's a difference I think. Besic looks and acts like he cares. He knows he has a duty to the fans.

Whereas Mori acted in a way that screwed over the fans and wasn't apologetic.

Regardless I'm not a fan of hanging out players out to dry at the drop of a hat. I like Mori, he just needs to learn and improve football wise and mentality wise. He's still young though.

And me, I dont like Besic cos of his passion, I like him cos I think hes a very talented footballer, I know you and others dont share that view and thats up to you, Besic himself has even said the same thing, its time to the talking on the pitch, sadly it appears as tho theres a very dark cloud hanging over the club at the moment, so the silence on the pitch from everybody is deafening.

Wait?

Friday on having two defensive midfielders;

Can't we just have one defensive midfielder?

McCarthy/Besic should be capable...

My last post on Besic in his thread;

He struggles at a higher tempo.

He's come on loads like, just needs to keep improving. Needs too much time on the ball and it shows against quicker teams.

I don't think Besic is bad. I just don't think he's a world beater.

It's like Jack Rodwell all over. People keep telling me he's outstanding, but I can't recall many games where I've thought "Wow, this Besic..."

He's a decent squad player, he's had a bad season but he is 23 and could develop into a decent player.

If his name was Michael Brown, and he didn't do his dramatics - punch the floor etc - he wouldn't get as much admiration as he does in my opinion.

That point there, regarding leveraging "passion" is why I think you see the likes of Mori doing his nonsense with the badge after his red card. It gives them brownie points, evidently it works - but some fans see through it.

Wait?

It's like Jack Rodwell all over. People keep telling me he's outstanding, but I can't recall many games where I've thought "Wow, this Besic..."

He's a decent squad player, he's had a bad season but he is 23 and could develop into a decent player.

If his name was Michael Brown, and he didn't do his dramatics - punch the floor etc - he wouldn't get as much admiration as he does in my opinion.

That point there, regarding leveraging "passion" is why I think you see the likes of Mori doing his nonsense with the badge after his red card. It gives them brownie points, evidently it works - but some fans see through it.
sorry, but that comes across as extremely patronising, fans who rate Besic could equally argue they are more perceptive than fans such as yourself, and see something you aren't capable of, the idea that those hammering Mori now is because they are more perceptive is utterly ludicrous, especially when the reality is they are the ones that need to relax and realise it is just a human being making a mistake in a pressure situation, and there really isn't any need to get all jamie carragher about it

Wait?

:D:D:D

You know who Michael Brown was, right?

LOL

Anyway, despite my words, I dont think Besic is the Bosnian Zidane, but I do like the way he plays football, for me its how all our players should play, so maybe he does suck me in with his floor thumping, something that Victor did a few times as well for record and his lack of passion never escaped my eyes.

I just think your being a bit harsh bringing him up with regards what Mori did last night, that wasnt passion it was stupidity and showing no regard to the fans he had just let down, I mean he could have ran into the crowd and smacked hendo the utter biff.

sorry, but that comes across as extremely patronising, fans who rate Besic could equally argue they are more perceptive than fans such as yourself, and see something you aren't capable of, the idea that those hammering Mori now is because they are more perceptive is utterly ludicrous, especially when the reality is they are the ones that need to relax and realise it is just a human being making a mistake in a pressure situation, and there really isn't any need to get all jamie carragher about it

You don't need to say sorry. You're reading something that isn't there and have made a whole bunch of incorrect assumptions.

My point is - and it's a very simple point...

Players faux 'passion' to leverage their stock with fans. Example right here;

maybe he does suck me in with his floor thumping.

If you really believe Mori was sincere with the badge Yesterday, then that's your opinion.

Personally, I think it was a nonsense.

I just think your being a bit harsh bringing him up with regards what Mori did last night, that wasnt passion it was stupidity and showing no regard to the fans he had just let down, I mean he could have ran into the crowd and smacked hendo the utter biff.

Besic was sent off for Bosnia the other month for spitting chewy at some one.

You don't need to say sorry. You're reading something that isn't there and have made a whole bunch of incorrect assumptions.

Players faux 'passion' to leverage their stock with fans.

If you really believe Mori was sincere with the badge Yesterday, then that's your opinion.

honestly I'm expecting you to mention sleeve tattoo's, postcodes and write a crap match preview next

Had time to think about what he did since last night and I now have a slightly different view.

Him getting himself sent off for a terrible challenge in game we were already 2-0 down in was moronic beyond belief and all the badge kissing only served to make him look even more of a boob (even if he meant it as a sign to our supporters that he cared). Lad needs to learn this isn't Argentina, you don't go around essentially assaulting opposition players just to prove you're up for it. Next time he plays against them he better be on his best behaviour and moving forward he needs to chill his temperament, be arsed having another Fellaini (a man who can't help but get himself in trouble in big games over petty things).

Players faux 'passion' to leverage their stock with fans.

I didnt say it was sincere, infact I only replied to dispute that it was in anyway related to passion or Besic.

After Besic was sent off, I know he didnt walk off thumping the badge, some players play for Everton and no matter what they do, I wont/cant warm to them Saha was like that, then other players, like Besic only have to fart in my direction and I love them.

Its a basic human trait we all share, impulse, not just a hairspray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back