Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cult Favourite is young Rammy

He leaves everything on the pitch

I don't know how you can be a Blue and not love him, even if he isn't the most talented defender we've ever seen at the club

I still would have signed Van Dijk though

I am torn on him

Love his attitude, he is the best threat we have from attacking set pieces but he often makes me feel nervous defensively

I think with Williams' arrival and Koeman seeming to place more importance on defenders who can defend, RFM will be 3rd in line of our centre backs this season behind Williams and Jags (I think the last few years under a regime where defence was an afterthought has made people forget just how good a proper defender that Jags is). Jags is 34 though and it given the strengths RFM has, it would be nice to see if Koeman could help him iron out his flaws and stake a claim for a regular starting spot.

I am torn on him

Love his attitude, he is the best threat we have from attacking set pieces but he often makes me feel nervous defensively

I think with Williams' arrival and Koeman seeming to place more importance on defenders who can defend, RFM will be 3rd in line of our centre backs this season behind Williams and Jags (I think the last few years under a regime where defence was an afterthought has made people forget just how good a proper defender that Jags is). Jags is 34 though and it given the strengths RFM has, it would be nice to see if Koeman could help him iron out his flaws and stake a claim for a regular starting spot.

I'm similar. I partly love him. He puts everything into it, but you can see his limits. I reckon he has it in him to learn though so will definitely get better and better.

I'm still not convinced he's a good 'footballer' if that makes sense. A good defender (not perfect!) but not great at the simpler football things.

I'll be less polite about it - he's not a good defender, he makes me nervous just looking at him, and I can't wait until he's sold to Italy next year and we bring in defenders who can defend to replace him.

Williams and Jags start every game possible this season, and for good reason.

Yes, I get it, he's a "passionate" player, and he can attack headers. But I'd rather have a defender with a calm head who can defend.

Still learning. Young for a defender in terms of his peak. Madness to get rid of him before he actually figures out positioning etc. Learning from Jags / Williams and Ron will be the best thing for him and we won't see his best till he matures defensively.

I'll be less polite about it - he's not a good defender, he makes me nervous just looking at him, and I can't wait until he's sold to Italy next year and we bring in defenders who can defend to replace him.

Yes, I get it, he's a "passionate" player, and he can attack headers. But I'd rather have a defender with a calm head who can defend.

He would have been 4th choice if we signed Kone. He does have the right manager for him to improve, but always have the feeling he has a mistake in him.

Agree here Tubes though in Mori's defence I don't think he's a 'bad' defender. He is at times very good and always seems to have a knack of being in the right place at the right time at either end of the pitch.

He just hasn't cut out the simple mistakes like diving in too early etc. However, I like him and think under Koeman he's going to improve. Considering it was his first year in the Prem last season he did well overall - but he does tend to get overhyped. As back-up he's sound, but it's madness to think he gets in over either Williams or Jags.

Curious one is Ramiro. No idea how someone can be so good at attacking headers and so useless at defensive ones. Like him but he definitely needs to kick on, the way Rondon for example got the better of him can't be allowed to happen.

That's all to do with his positioning mate. It was dreadful when he first came and while he has improved, still makes mistakes. He always looks to get in front and be aggressive, but he needs to learn who to do it against.

Still learning. Young for a defender in terms of his peak. Madness to get rid of him before he actually figures out positioning etc. Learning from Jags / Williams and Ron will be the best thing for him and we won't see his best till he matures defensively.

I don't think he'll ever get significantly better than what he is now, because quite frankly I think he's a bit thick.

That's all to do with his positioning mate. It was dreadful when he first came and while he has improved, still makes mistakes. He always looks to get in front and be aggressive, but he needs to learn who to do it against.
What's even more curious/odd about this is that he's got a problem with the big strong type of player (Rondon), rather than the smaller ones (Suarez in that friendly?), by the looks of it.

Not sure how you can say that really.

Just general impression I get.

Also,

Ramiro-Funes-Mori-red-card-tackle-on-Divock-Origi.jpg

everton-funes-mori-liverpool-red-card_3452695.jpg

583b8651b6f1cedea810dc4952663d51

I don't think he'll ever get significantly better than what he is now, because quite frankly I think he's a bit thick.

I can see your problem with his distribution but he's easily the fastest defender and can put in a punishing tackle. Positioning, timing and a cool head will follow as he get older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back