Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The weak link in our defence, I'd be looking at a top class centre half this summer to replace this clown.

Sad to say baines would be my next replacement, our defence is old.

Not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination (except at LB), looks good in a back 3, but yesterday he had more than a couple of mistakes in him.
Every time you watch highlights of our games the oppositions best moments invariably feature multiple mori errors.

Overall been decent but hasn't kicked on & Ironed out the errors. Tidy profit in the summer spend it on ake

I keep seeing this "having mistakes in him" stuff.

I get it, but the mistakes never seem to actually happen...
Don't know if you were there or saw the Boro match live, but in the first half it was a reasonable shout for him to be Boro's MOTM.
Don't get me wrong, he does some great work, but yesterday he seemed to pull out of tackles, not challenge for headers and lose the flight of the ball on quite a few occasions. Not the most nimble to be fair, which means if he gets turned, it's hard for him to recover.
I quite like him as a player, warts and all, but a back 3 seems to suit him better.

Don't know if you were there or saw the Boro match live, but in the first half it was a reasonable shout for him to be Boro's MOTM.
Don't get me wrong, he does some great work, but yesterday he seemed to pull out of tackles, not challenge for headers and lose the flight of the ball on quite a few occasions. Not the most nimble to be fair, which means if he gets turned, it's hard for him to recover.
I quite like him as a player, warts and all, but a back 3 seems to suit him better.

No I agree, he has a knack of getting away with it though.

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

I feel CB will be a priority again in the summer. It's clear Koeman is willing to spend on a top class player in that position.

I do generally agree though that Funes does look susceptible in a flat back four.

I think any CB will look poor in a back 4 in our team until we curb our full backs gung ho approach. We make up for a lack of midfield creativity by throwing full banks forward leaving Williams and Mori exposed. That's why the three looks so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back